Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only was able to watch like 30 minutes of the second half due to work fortunately. Such a radical contrast to last week. I don't know if the first half was more tolerable but we were completely dominated throughout the time I had the game on. Didnt seem like anyone had a strong performance even VDB. I'm more accepting of the Newcastle match because of the unexpected variables that unfolded. (injuries) but what I witnessed was shambolic and highly problematic.

Look at the goal. Donny played the ball back instead of going forward. Gomes then recieves a poor pass from the central defender and yes he gets tackled. Then Pickford lets it in at hus near post but Gomes is the easy target to blame.
He was flat footed and lost it. He is to blame

MINI MATCH REPORT

The Saints sound system played a dirge before the match that had me looking
for the Clanton Gang's funeral procession. Well Everton have a new sheriff in town and
started the match with six guns blazing; alas, Alec Baldwin's toy guns have more firepower and Everton
fanned and flamed. In the second half the flame went out and two goals went
in against them. Gomez came in and led the lads in a mass turning in of the badges,and at the
final whistle they trudged off the pitch. Murdered on the streets of St Mary's

Well that was just sh@te!! I'm normally a glass half full kinda guy but today was a glass thrown at the freakin wall!!!! No positives. Can we get a point against City? If we do it only helps the RS

I wasn't tho was I, I was talking about our game, I then mentioned how [Poor language removed] it would be if we help the RS. Sorry not sorry about the pleb shout ?
It "only helps the RS" if we take a point against City, according to you. We're going to need every point we can get, so, yeah, I'd be over the moon with a point against City and in Dreamland with three. They would also "help" our cause a great deal. As the song goes I don't care what the RS do.

yeah he wasn't up for it.
Reckon Frank, new coaching staff and Donnie have brought in a new sense of hierarchy, with Gomes feeling a bit displaced, knows where its at and didn't even bother getting up, Some of the fouls felt like a mockery of his own teamates. Where's he at?
A mockery. That's the word that was evading me.

A mockery. That's the word that was evading me.
A mockery yes, I mean I just want to see someone who deserves that number 8 spot in blue, it has to mean something.
but not even do enough for his teammates to match their effort, creating a vacuum that cannot be allowed from the midfield, for the team.
Those fouls were of lack of effort/focus and belligerence.
A mockery yes.

A mockery yes, I mean I just want to see someone who deserves that number 8 spot in blue, it has to mean something.
but not even do enough for his teammates to match their effort, creating a vacuum that cannot be allowed from the midfield, for the team.
Those fouls were of lack of effort and belligerence.
A mockery yes.
it was almost as if he didn't WANT to go in and decided he'd just muck about to spite lampard for putting him in

Status
Not open for further replies.