Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moaning about flying? Bloody Hell, it's Monday have a day off whinge arsing blues.
Coach must take minimum 3 hours if you’re lucky with traffic, been on the train there and it was long and grim. Get them on the plane, there is a game to win ;)

For what it's worth, here's my team for tomorrow night. And assuming that Coleman and Gomes can turn up for two decent matches in a row.
Pickford.
Coleman......Holgate.....Keane.....Mykolenko.
Gordon.........Allen.......DVB.....Gomes......Gray.
Richarlson.
Dele Ali from the bench. Mina and Townsend also. And Patterson most likely won't feature. ( even though I really rate him ) Based on him playing for Scotland. Anyhow......boss the midfield. Shoot from range. Get Gray and Gordon involved. Feed Richarlson. And just win this match.
so let's rock and roll...........Up the Toffees.

Absolutely have to play Mina with Wood and possibly Burn playing.

Apparently Hoddle’s going mad, How dare Ali turn up in a plane.
Rolls Royce engines mate

Probably not a sensible thing to do in this day and age with environmental concerns, reeks of tone deaf millionaire behaviour

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for improving the environment but is it really with moaning at something that has never been an issue in the Everton radar before now?

As I say, I’m all for being green and I recycle everything going, but at this precise moment, it looks like moaning for the sake of it.

This will be a nervy game, make no mistake. Both teams have reasons for optimism but can easily see it getting scrappy. Going for a 1-1, we should be going there to win, just as they'll see it as a very winnable home game.

If Frank starts with the same team ...which many think he should and we need a goal from somewhere then having a bench that contains game changing players like DCL, Deli and Donny fills me with optimism .
VIZ 1-3 EFC

I was reading a forum of theirs, they still love Benitez and it seems would have him back in a heartbeat. They blame all of his problems here on injuries, looking past his bloody awful style of play and tactics.

Certainly wasn't our forum in that case. Think there's generally an acceptance that clearly it was a bad appointment. Still a lot of love for him around these parts but not unanimous regarding re-employing him. Recent poll (404 votes) had 49% saying they'd have him back at some point. Still a high number obviously.

Anyway, I appreciated your new boss' comments about us earlier today. It's very sad and a very sad indictment on modern football that it requires Saudi money to do so: but surely we can all agree that anything to upset the the hideous ESL chums' applecart has some positives?

They've had our number big time - often from impossible positions - over the last few years, and they'll be targeting our soft underbelly - our fragile mentality - with confidence. This is the moment all the sentimental hot air and hopeful optimism meets the road. The fellating of Frank that we've all enjoyed in varying degrees of Evertonian hope-o-eroticism over the last week will be shown up for what it truly is in this one: a misguided one-night stand or something with genuine long-term potential. Frankly speaking, I hope we are all playing the flute with gay abandon after a wonderful win on the road - but tomorrow could just as likely see us as involuntary celibates once more as defeat at Newcastle leaves us in a very sticky mess indeed.

For what it's worth, here's my team for tomorrow night. And assuming that Coleman and Gomes can turn up for two decent matches in a row.
Pickford.
Coleman......Holgate.....Keane.....Mykolenko.
Gordon.........Allen.......DVB.....Gomes......Gray.
Richarlson.
Dele Ali from the bench. Mina and Townsend also. And Patterson most likely won't feature. ( even though I really rate him ) Based on him playing for Scotland. Anyhow......boss the midfield. Shoot from range. Get Gray and Gordon involved. Feed Richarlson. And just win this match.
so let's rock and roll...........Up the Toffees.
Mina has to play mate every game possible Keane and holgate scare me shitless as a pairing

Certainly wasn't our forum in that case. Think there's generally an acceptance that clearly it was a bad appointment. Still a lot of love for him around these parts but not unanimous regarding re-employing him. Recent poll (404 votes) had 49% saying they'd have him back at some point. Still a high number obviously.

Anyway, I appreciated your new boss' comments about us earlier today. It's very sad and a very sad indictment on modern football that it requires Saudi money to do so: but surely we can all agree that anything to upset the the hideous ESL chums' applecart has some positives?
Mark my words your beloved club will be peeing into the same pot as the 'hideous ESL chums' you speak of before long.
Take the money lose the soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.