Match Thread Everton v Brentford - Up for the Cup Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brenford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the score...and credit should be given where credit is due. Of course i did not watch a second of the game (so my MotM pick of Gurnalot Kenny was purely made on the basis of my feeling sorry for him)...but 4-1 is pretty resounding. I felt Lampard was a good choice for manager. He has his work cut out with our spineless, chocolate teapot of a squad...but I wish him well.

Now I get why Duncan has been kept on. It's to get Lampard up to scratch with his goal celebrations. Not too bad a start.
Next week it's the chasing after the ballboy 's part of Lampards training. Now that's an art in its own.
Duncan will have Lampard up and running by the next home match. Let's hope there is plenty ballboy hugging ( throttling) on view. Will only mean one thing. We've scored more goals. Up The Toffees.
Ps.........no ballboys were hurt in the writing of this post.

That's what I (and I assume everyone else) have always found so frustrating about Gomes. When he brings his A game to the table, he looks good enough to play for any team in the world. It's just been so rarely that we get to see his A game. And the drop off is such a contrast. When he's not on it he frequently looks awful.
Hopefully Frank can unlock the secret to him being consistant.
He was great today but this is a bit overboard. Gomes is a defensive liability to put it mildly. Others around him did their jobs and Brentford don’t have the horses to trouble us in the middle of the park, so Gomes was able to get on the front foot, but he can’t provide more than token assistance when we’re out of possession.

Well he first showed up a couple of years ago when Benitez was linked to the job, talking exclusively about Benitez. Then he disappeared and didn't post for 18months until the summer when Benitez was linked and then appointed. He then hung around like a bad smell until Benitez was sacked, and he's now more or less stopped posting.

Probably a coincidence
Stopped reading at Birkenhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.