Ashley Cole joins coaching team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis Irwin was a great LB to be fair but when I go back and watch 80s and 90s football (early-mid 90s) the quality of football and overall athleticism is so far behind modern day football its crazy... the gulf in quality gets even more mental you start watching 60s and 70s football.
If Ray Wilson was still around, he'd show you what quality an Everton left back should be regardless of it being the 60s.

I absolutely hate this attitude and made up mumbo jumbo about being a winner. Not to mention that people have said every single manager since Martinez was going to change the culture of the club (for some reason we don't include Moyes who actually did change the culture of the club from a retirement home for past it stars where we always trying to stay up to a team of players on the way up where we were disappointed when we didn't make Europe).

Hopefully another person inside the tent along with Lampard and Clement who have seen the apparatus at big clubs and can hopefully start bringing us up to that standard.
It's all this ancillary stuff that makes me really want Lampard to be a success.

Obviously it's always nice for a manager to be a success, but it's so very important we improve the culture at Everton - and I do like the early signs of what he's trying to do.

If that's to take, he needs a degree of success to keep his job, to keep this framework in place, and make sure it's strengthened.

It's all this ancillary stuff that makes me really want Lampard to be a success.

Obviously it's always nice for a manager to be a success, but it's so very important we improve the culture at Everton - and I do like the early signs of what he's trying to do.

If that's to take, he needs a degree of success to keep his job, to keep this framework in place, and make sure it's strengthened.

I want him to stay beyond 18 months. We have to have stability. We can’t have a bounce for the end of this season then we’re in a relegation scrap again by December next season. We need season on season improvement and some of these players moving out under this manager. The cycle has to end.

It is faster now but the ball never used to be designed to swerve and dip of its own accord. Many players look better than they are because of the pitches and the ball.
100% agree to that.
Fella brought an authentic Nike ball to training a few years back. We took a couple of pens and passed it around. Make no mistake, you can notice a difference in how the ball zips and moves. It's a lot easier to trap as well.
Combine that with the top level boots players are gifted. Completely different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.