Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, apparently clubs want DCL now at £60mil. If we say no we want £80mil but will only do a deal in summer...then what centre forward in world football will those clubs sign instead for £80mil with a similar profile to DCL?

Because there really arent many.

Well, if not this window then we'd have to sign a right back in the summer. Makes sense to get business done early then focus on other positions in the summer.

An 'experienced' right back will want good wages to join in the summer. Although, you mention "a decent solid option" that would need to be someone who would accept being backup to Patterson...likely not very good -- in which case its not an upgrade really on Kenny.
Well no because we currently have neither a manager or a DoF, so it would absolutely not be the sensible thing to bring someone in now rather than wait a couple of months and let whoever is actually in charge have a say in who we recruit. That's really a pretty basic fact to be honest.

When I say experienced I just mean 'not 18' really, because having two players with virtually no experience at all as our only options at right back seems like utter madness to anyone who isn't you. There'll always be half decent 'do a job' players like that knocking about in the summer and in my opinion that's the stage we're at now. We need to build a good young side and spend our money on players who will improve the first eleven, that is likely to mean the squad needs to padded out with a few freebies and cheap signings because we can't afford to upgrade verywhere at once and we still need a decent amount of experience in the squad.

I think we can have 2 loan players
I think we can have two loan players each window (so 4 in total over a season) but I thought it was only one PL player per window? As I said before, I very well may be completely wrong about this but I'm sure I read that was the rules.

I doubt we’ll get Ndombele but reassuring to know someone’s on the case, we absolutely have to get a quality midfielder (ideally two) in the door with or without a manager in place. No manager is going to thank us if they walk in the door and the only fit midfielders are Allan, Gomes, Gbamin and Onyango.

I doubt we’ll get Ndombele but reassuring to know someone’s on the case, we absolutely have to get a quality midfielder (ideally two) in the door with or without a manager in place. No manager is going to thank us if they walk in the door and the only fit midfielders are Allan, Gomes, Gbamin and Onyango.
Don’t think they’d thank us much more if Delph and Davies were available tbh.

Well no because we currently have neither a manager or a DoF, so it would absolutely not be the sensible thing to bring someone in now rather than wait a couple of months and let whoever is actually in charge have a say in who we recruit. That's really a pretty basic fact to be honest.

When I say experienced I just mean 'not 18' really, because having two players with virtually no experience at all as our only options at right back seems like utter madness to anyone who isn't you. There'll always be half decent 'do a job' players like that knocking about in the summer and in my opinion that's the stage we're at now. We need to build a good young side and spend our money on players who will improve the first eleven, that is likely to mean the squad needs to padded out with a few freebies and cheap signings because we can't afford to upgrade verywhere at once and we still need a decent amount of experience in the squad.

Well this is the January transfer thread...so if you dont think or want us to sign anyone without a manager...it could be argued youre in the wrong place.

Weve just punted Digne then sacked the manager + signed 2 players who were scouted before he joined.

Some might say (like the article on a RB + CM) that were not waiting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.