Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is the January transfer thread...so if you dont think or want us to sign anyone without a manager...it could be argued youre in the wrong place.

Weve just punted Digne then sacked the manager + signed 2 players who were scouted before he joined.

Some might say (like the article on a RB + CM) that were not waiting around.
If we are actually making any moves in the market right now though, then it's purely on people that Moshiri wants/Kia wants to flog to us, Zat.

There's literally nobody else to do it

We are not getting 80-100 for DCL unless he scores another 20/30 goals for the next 2 years. Absolutely no chance

The whole 'england international" gets me, he's a bench player behind kane, he'll never ever start for England unless kane is injured, hes only in most squads because of the overall lack of good centre forwards in England.

100m la Jesus Christ
I like DCL but I don’t think he has the appeal for any of of our top 4/6, they would rather go and buy the next big foreign name.
I also don’t trust us to get a decent figure anyway, any time we get a player who is desirable to the top teams they come in and get them for well below value anyway.

Can't see it happening as he looks nailed on to get sent to PSG, but he'd easily be our most talented midfielder the day he arrived. Sounds like he's a bit of a knob though.

Should be pursuing this or Gana on loan if Ndombele goes to PSG.
Since we can only get 1 more player on loan from the pl it actually works better for us if Ndombele goes to PSG and potentially leaves Gana surplus. Then we could try for him on loan and still try for VDB or Alli or Lo Celso as well.

Don't do it to yourselves lads.

He was class at Lyon. I said at the time i wanted us to sign him.

Cant fathom what has gone wrong for him at Spurs. Id have him as defensive midfield, I think if it clicked he'd be levels above our other options there.

Id be really happy if we had Gray/Gordon plus a new high potential right winger like Johnson (Forest) or Antony (Ajax).

Diaz is tearing it up in Portugal but for the money (if we could spend it) id prefer a £50mil+ superstar centre midfielder.

If we are actually making any moves in the market right now though, then it's purely on people that Moshiri wants/Kia wants to flog to us, Zat.

There's literally nobody else to do it

Indeed. What i was alluding to was that Mykolenko was scouted before and Patterson must have been on our radar before the summer window opened -- i dont think Benitez plucked them from his software lol

Digne also sold when we were planning to bin Benitez and El Ghazi signed when (supposedly) he didnt want him.

So i would think were working either on the dodgy agents' recommendations (if so, fair play on the full backs) or at least someone is making those moves.

I like DCL but I don’t think he has the appeal for any of of our top 4/6, they would rather go and buy the next big foreign name.
I also don’t trust us to get a decent figure anyway, any time we get a player who is desirable to the top teams they come in and get them for well below value anyway.

West Ham + Arsenal linked at £60mil and i think theres some truth in the Arsenal shouts...they would have a good side with a centre forward in there.

Very tricky to replace him...id possibly say Amine Gouiri who has amazing technique and skill.

Well this is the January transfer thread...so if you dont think or want us to sign anyone without a manager...it could be argued youre in the wrong place.

Weve just punted Digne then sacked the manager + signed 2 players who were scouted before he joined.

Some might say (like the article on a RB + CM) that were not waiting around.
Contract dave and his extensive scouting experience will be all in this week!

sounds like we will be stuck with moise kean after his 2 year loan with juventus expires, can't see them exercising the option to sign him on a permanent basis if juventus are spending 75 mil on another striker

when kean returns he will have 1 year left on his contract and his value will have dipped signficantly

great business again

sounds like we will be stuck with moise kean after his 2 year loan with juventus expires, can't see them exercising the option to sign him if they are spending 75 mil on another striker

when kean returns he will have 1 year left on his contract and his value will have dipped signficantly

great business again

I thought we were led to beleive the triggers for the obligation are team goals not player goals.

So, apparently clubs want DCL now at £60mil. If we say no we want £80mil but will only do a deal in summer...then what centre forward in world football will those clubs sign instead for £80mil with a similar profile to DCL?

Because there really arent many.

Well, if not this window then we'd have to sign a right back in the summer. Makes sense to get business done early then focus on other positions in the summer.

An 'experienced' right back will want good wages to join in the summer. Although, you mention "a decent solid option" that would need to be someone who would accept being backup to Patterson...likely not very good -- in which case its not an upgrade really on Kenny.

Whos shown interest in him for 60m? You've read it in the paper, so nothing confirmed?

We can say we want 80m all we want I absolutely gaurantee no one pays that unless he has 2/3 more years like last season. What "top" club can you see him at? Be honest?

Ndombele seems set for PSG but I'd definitely take him on loan we are in dire need of a Midfielder. I hope we can get a manager in before the transfer deadline. But that's probably implausible

Maybe it's my negative mood about the club but I don't see Alli or Ndombele or Martial, Van De Beek or whoever coming here and rediscovering their form.

Status
Not open for further replies.