Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz: Havent seen him
Nunes: Has been used wide left this season
Isak: Doesnt score enough + runs the channels
Silva: Good in Portugal/Germany but flopped in Italy and Spain
Barbosa: Flopped in Italy...brilliant in Brazil.

Unlikely imo.
If we get Niko Kovac as manager, he will likely want to work with Luka Jovic - no starts for Real this season but once was a £50m player.

24 years old and under Kovac at Frankfurt was lethal - 48 apps - 27 goals - 7 assists.

Real looking to Mbappe in the summer so way out of favour plus Carlo owes us a favour or three

Yeah I thought he came home and played on an injury and then did his thigh.

Hasn't been right since that ill fated Euro's, played three games for us after a stop start pre season. I know he got a different injury trying to compensate with the original injury. Should not have went the Euro's at all.

You've completely lost me here. You agree that our existing right back options are terrible, but think it's fine if the right back we've signed because of that fact either doesn't play or doesn't play well? While we're in the midst of a relegation battle?

Signing another young right back for the first team would be daft too, there wouldn't be enough games for them both to develop properly. Try to offload Coleman and Kenny in the summer and see if we can pick up a half decent experienced player on a free or cheap to be an option there.

Sorry, i posted a few times this + by 'Nkounkou' type i mean a cheap signing of a young player e.g Ramsay that we have for preseason after buying them and leaving at their club.

E.g we sign now and see them preseason.

Then come summer weve got:
LB: Mykolenko/Nkounkou
RB: Patterson/Ramsay

I certainly wouldnt be signing an 'experienced' full back in the summer due to their fee/wages being high for anyone decent.

Its really a box ticking exercise...we are allowed 23 in the squad / 3 keepers takes us to 20 outfield.

If we get both the full back positions sorted long term then thats 4 ticked off.

For the 'big' money on someone with experience it has to go on a midfielder.

If we get Niko Kovac as manager, he will likely want to work with Luka Jovic - no starts for Real this season but once was a £50m player.

24 years old and under Kovac at Frankfurt was lethal - 48 apps - 27 goals - 7 assists.

Real looking to Mbappe in the summer so way out of favour plus Carlo owes us a favour or three

Take a look at his career stats and he's only had a 1 in 3 season at Frankfurt and one slightly above 1 in 2.

Benfica, Madrid and this season back on loan in Frankfurt he's not hit the goals.

I look at Centre forward as a position for a club like Everton as being a really difficult one to recruit for.

Ferdinand, Yeboah, Henry, Yakubu, Cantona, Shearer, Van Persie, Cole, Yorke, Bergkamp, Wright...

...theres been a lot of top class centre forwards in the premier league.

Now we have:
City: False 9
Chelsea: Lukaku not doing great
United: Ronaldo close to retirement
RS: Firminho probably replaced
Vardy: Close to retirement
Kane: On his last legs

Times have changed and centre forwards who can score 15-20 goals in a mid-table team are highly prized assets.

Were in an era where 'wide forwards' seem to be the focal point of goals.

DCL (and Vlahovic) are fairly unique players thesedays and while one has done well for Fiorentina and has 18months on his contract...the other has premier league experience and is English.

£80mil+

Tbh Ive been thinking similar but I could see him playing centre forward which was his position in Brazil.

I would really love it if we added more 'quality' Brazilian players.

I was thinking of an Nkounkou type signing or someone like Ramsay at Aberdeen for £3-5mil.

Disagree about Patterson (and Mykolenko) needing to play (well) this season. Both signed in Jan window, young and need time to adapt...i think they'll do fine for the rest of the season and kick on after preseason.

If we play Coleman (or Kenny) then its suicide. Likewise playing Holgate/Godfrey at full back for any length of time hampers us.

If we had signed Patterson and Ramsay at the same time id have been pretty chuffed.

A young player on a small fee makes sense to me.

We were linked to him when he was in Beijing...think it was summer 2020.

We are not getting 80-100 for DCL unless he scores another 20/30 goals for the next 2 years. Absolutely no chance

The whole 'england international" gets me, he's a bench player behind kane, he'll never ever start for England unless kane is injured, hes only in most squads because of the overall lack of good centre forwards in England.

100m la Jesus Christ

Why WHY are we not trying to sign Christian Ericsson? Free agent looking for a club, given the go ahead by cardiac surgeons. We could use his creativity I'm sure.

Sorry, i posted a few times this + by 'Nkounkou' type i mean a cheap signing of a young player e.g Ramsay that we have for preseason after buying them and leaving at their club.

E.g we sign now and see them preseason.

Then come summer weve got:
LB: Mykolenko/Nkounkou
RB: Patterson/Ramsay

I certainly wouldnt be signing an 'experienced' full back in the summer due to their fee/wages being high for anyone decent.

Its really a box ticking exercise...we are allowed 23 in the squad / 3 keepers takes us to 20 outfield.

If we get both the full back positions sorted long term then thats 4 ticked off.

For the 'big' money on someone with experience it has to go on a midfielder.

Take a look at his career stats and he's only had a 1 in 3 season at Frankfurt and one slightly above 1 in 2.

Benfica, Madrid and this season back on loan in Frankfurt he's not hit the goals.

I look at Centre forward as a position for a club like Everton as being a really difficult one to recruit for.
I'm not sure that it would be too easy to convince someone like Ramsay to come here and be back up to another Scottish lad who's only about 18 months older than him, and it would mean both our right back options were very inexperienced (less than 50 league games between the pair of them). I specifically said that the experienced player would be cheap or free so i'm not sure why you're talking about prohibitive wages and fees. I'm just talking about a decent solid option who can come in and play when needed while Patterson is the first choice that we're giving game time to with a view to him becoming the real deal for us.

I've just realised who i'm talking to, so yes obviously you want us to have a squad full of teenagers but realistically it's not going to happen and I will be both astonished and a little annoyed if we sign another right back in this window, considering the multitude of other things we're lacking.

We are not getting 80-100 for DCL unless he scores another 20/30 goals for the next 2 years. Absolutely no chance

The whole 'england international" gets me, he's a bench player behind kane, he'll never ever start for England unless kane is injured, hes only in most squads because of the overall lack of good centre forwards in England.

100m la Jesus Christ

So, apparently clubs want DCL now at £60mil. If we say no we want £80mil but will only do a deal in summer...then what centre forward in world football will those clubs sign instead for £80mil with a similar profile to DCL?

Because there really arent many.

I'm not sure that it would be too easy to convince someone like Ramsay to come here and be back up to another Scottish lad who's only about 18 months older than him, and it would mean both our right back options were very inexperienced (less than 50 league games between the pair of them). I specifically said that the experienced player would be cheap or free so i'm not sure why you're talking about prohibitive wages and fees. I'm just talking about a decent solid option who can come in and play when needed while Patterson is the first choice that we're giving game time to with a view to him becoming the real deal for us.

I've just realised who i'm talking to, so yes obviously you want us to have a squad full of teenagers but realistically it's not going to happen and I will be both astonished and a little annoyed if we sign another right back in this window, considering the multitude of other things we're lacking.

Well, if not this window then we'd have to sign a right back in the summer. Makes sense to get business done early then focus on other positions in the summer.

An 'experienced' right back will want good wages to join in the summer. Although, you mention "a decent solid option" that would need to be someone who would accept being backup to Patterson...likely not very good -- in which case its not an upgrade really on Kenny.

Jovic put on tonnes of weight

Why WHY are we not trying to sign Christian Ericsson? Free agent looking for a club, given the go ahead by cardiac surgeons. We could use his creativity I'm sure.

I'd imagine Brentford might be a nicer environment for someone with previous heart problems, his ticker would never survive here. Plus they have a Danish manager which is always going to help.

Good player but not the personality we need to pull us out of a relegation fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.