2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started well in attack with some good dribbles and passing I thought, but tailed off badly.

cannot defend,even a little.

It was his stupid foul in a non threatening spot that led to the Villa goal. My big issue with him for a couple of seasons now- he is always beaten by his man, can only defend by fouling.

Started well in attack with some good dribbles and passing I thought, but tailed off badly.

It was his stupid foul in a non threatening spot that led to the Villa goal. My big issue with him for a couple of seasons now- he is always beaten by his man, can only defend by fouling.

Several times today (and it happens a lot) he seemed to run forward leaving space behind him for their players to pass / run into.

If he simply stood his ground a bit deeper then it would mean hes blocking passes and players wouldnt take his space.

Its so bizarre.

Good appraisal. He's not a great player when we aren't controlling the tempo or are on top possession wise. Tries but not naturally a battler and after his leg break seems concerned about strong tackles.

Several times today (and it happens a lot) he seemed to run forward leaving space behind him for their players to pass / run into.

If he simply stood his ground a bit deeper then it would mean hes blocking passes and players wouldnt take his space.

Its so bizarre.

Yes, this.

Lack of composure.

Status
Not open for further replies.