2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it said his team were worried, because of the impact it might have on his international career.

'Digne had grown increasingly frustrated at his role in Benitez’s set-up, making his feelings known on multiple occasions.

He is a player who takes great pride in his creative prowess, receiving detailed statistical breakdowns from France national team analysts after every game. For so long, he had been the creative fulcrum for Everton, but Benitez’s arrival after Ancelotti left for a second spell as Real Madrid coach prompted a change in approach that he struggled to stomach.

Under the Spaniard, the full-backs were told to be more considered in their approach. Everton became more reactive and focused on counter-attacking play, with Digne’s numbers suffering as a result. He was no longer getting into the same areas of the pitch and, to his frustration, had been replaced by Benitez signing Andros Townsend on set pieces'.

It also references the veiled digs that Benitez made about him in public.

A mess all round frankly.
It said Digne and his “camp”

With France manager Didier Deschamps favouring a wing-back system and a number of outstanding options at his disposal, Digne and his camp started to worry about what the apparent drop-off would mean for his international aspirations in what is now a World Cup year

What was it the club said?
"Lucas Digne has completed a transfer to Aston Villa for an undisclosed fee.

Left-back Digne played 127 games and scored six goals for Everton after joining from Barcelona in the summer of 2018.

The 28-year-old, who counts Lille and Paris Saint-Germain among his former clubs, has made 15 appearances this season."

Aston Villa are a big club. If they are mediocre was does that say about us?
If you read my post properly I state that they are a mediocre club at this stage of their history. We are both massive football clubs. But both massively under achieving in recent years. I was just trying to say that Lucas Digne has basically gone from like to like or a sideways move if you wish, because he's not good enough to go higher.

They're always after better if they can get it.

City spent £50million on an injury prone rapist. Zinchenko played a whole season there when they hit 100 points. Cancelo seems to be ripping it up there now. Currently top of the tree in the league.

They don't need to buy another left back just because ones available.

But like I said...it's up to you what you want to believe. Either top club's didn't want a left back for £25mill in Jan, or Digne is pap.

City spent £50million on an injury prone rapist. Zinchenko played a whole season there when they hit 100 points. Cancelo seems to be ripping it up there now. Currently top of the tree in the league.

They don't need to buy another left back just because ones available.

But like I said...it's up to you what you want to believe. Either top club's didn't want a left back for £25mill in Jan, or Digne is pap.

See the kids that played for them in cup mate, incredible, they don’t need to buy players at all.

If he loved the club as much as he pretends to, he would have followed Benitez’s tactical instructions, played against Chelsea, kept his mouth shut, and not pushed for a move.

He loves himself and his attacking stats far more though so threw his toys out the pram because Benitez points out it’s not a good idea to be half way up the pitch when Salah is ripping you a new one.

We really don’t need these sort of characters, regardless of how good a player they are. The team has to come first.
That's not the problem he does it to almost any defender. The problem is players of Hull, Watford, Brighton, Palace, Brentford, Wolves, and QPR ripping a Benitez coached Everton a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.