2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez “I’d like you to play this way”
Digne “I don’t like playing that way”
Benitez “You play the way I want or you don’t play”……….
Benitez 'play like this...'
Digne, 5 games later when we've been atrocious and his game has suffered and the fans sren't happy ' boss this doesn't seem to be working...'
Benitez 'you're dust lid'.

Coleman was never ever going to Man Utd. Moyes wanted Baines (a far superior player).

We only have Benitez word about what actually happened but after dropping him for Arsenal, (shocking decision btw, it’s why Mina is still injured) I think it’s highly unlikely he would have picked him for Chelsea.

I’m with Digne 100%
Coleman could have gone to Utd, that I know for a fact

Nope.

He has played his best football here and we get over the market values for the player.

Result.

Watch now as Gerrard gets a player who'll be injury prone and lose sell on value. One decent season out of him at best.

Don't subscribe to the theory at all to be honest as anything else but a general guideline rather than a strict rule.

Iwobi is in his early 20's, Townsend is 31 this year - which one starts.

Davies early 20's. Allan 31, - again.

Whose a better full back Patterson or Digne!

Digne is 28 in his sweet spot prime, particularly for a defender, hes a 30 million player sold to the managers mate for less because of the managers pride. Digne issue wasnt his age or engine - if anything the issue was, this manager not letting him utilize his engine and skills to their fullest getting up and down the field like we knew he can.

No wonder Stevie Me is laughing at us smugly.

It’s unreal mate ! Whatever anybody thinks of Benitez is fair enough and they are entitled there opinion. But anything resembling praise for Gerard has no place on this forum. But hey. That’s my opinion !
Absolutely!!! People 'jokingly' saying Benitez is deliberately taking us down.... Gerrard would!!! Then have laugh with his mates when they're taking s break from punching DJ's.

Don't subscribe to the theory at all to be honest as anything else but a general guideline rather than a strict rule.

Iwobi is in his early 20's, Townsend is 31 this year - which one starts.

Davies early 20's. Allan 31, - again.

Whose a better full back Patterson or Digne!

Digne is 28 in his sweet spot prime, particularly for a defender, hes a 30 million player sold to the managers mate for less because of the managers pride. Digne issue wasnt his age or engine - if anything the issue was, this manager not letting him utilize his engine and skills to their fullest getting up and down the field like we knew he can.

No wonder Stevie Me is laughing at us smugly.
Can’t wait to see Stevie G fall flat on his smug face

Benitez “I’d like you to play this way”
Digne “I don’t like playing that way”
Benitez “You play the way I want or you don’t play”……….
Digne was in decline with Ancellotti, he didn't get forward half as much, but results were better so Digne didn't spit out the dummy... The problem is Benitez is strong enough to go tell a player to shut his mouth and get on with the job. He's done it before with Xabi Alonso, Gerrard didn't want to play further forward at Liverpool, don't get me wrong, I didn't want Benitez but these players we have are in no position to be making any observations on how they are Utilized.

If they want to leave Everton for Villa then good luck to them. Fully behind our new Ukrainian left back.

I've just read 3 of the articles from today and I wouldn't say any of them paint this picture.
Fair enough. We all draw our own conclusions. I was referring to the one done jointly by O’Keefe and Boyland about Digne’s departure. It says he was kicking off because he was worried his drop off in stats would cost his place in the French national squad

Fair enough. We all draw our own conclusions. I was referring to the one done jointly by O’Keefe and Boyland about Digne’s departure. It says he was kicking off because he was worried his drop off in stats would cost his place in the French national squad
I think it said his team were worried, because of the impact it might have on his international career.

'Digne had grown increasingly frustrated at his role in Benitez’s set-up, making his feelings known on multiple occasions.

He is a player who takes great pride in his creative prowess, receiving detailed statistical breakdowns from France national team analysts after every game. For so long, he had been the creative fulcrum for Everton, but Benitez’s arrival after Ancelotti left for a second spell as Real Madrid coach prompted a change in approach that he struggled to stomach.

Under the Spaniard, the full-backs were told to be more considered in their approach. Everton became more reactive and focused on counter-attacking play, with Digne’s numbers suffering as a result. He was no longer getting into the same areas of the pitch and, to his frustration, had been replaced by Benitez signing Andros Townsend on set pieces'.

It also references the veiled digs that Benitez made about him in public.

A mess all round frankly.

Did they have a bid accepted?
To be honest I don't know what was bid by Utd, interest in him also from Juveuntus to replace Lichsteiner around the same time. Seamus had no interest in either....

He was rewarded for his Loyalty with a wage increase in 2014 even though he had still had 4 years left on his old contract.

We don't get to hear about all the possible transfers in/out... But I know for a fact that he could have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.