2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to take stock of our behaviour, forget about Benitez for a minute and all the other things, Moshiri,Kenwright, our poor form. Many fans are lamenting Digne leaving, offering him best wishes etc etc. Man was taken from Barce reserves, handsomely paid for it, had the best spell of his career here, earned his French caps at Everton, left us the first chance he got, faked a sickness let's not forget at Chelsea....

Compare this fella to Seamus Coleman, stayed at Everton when at the height of his playing career when he could have joined the team he supported as a young lad (Man Utd) when Moyes was in charge, (Baines if he really wanted could have joined too).

No comparison.....
Do you think Seamus enjoyed playing under Koeman,Silva and Big Sam.... ?? Never a word of complaint because he wanted what was best for Everton not for Seamus Coleman....

Coleman was never ever going to Man Utd. Moyes wanted Baines (a far superior player).

We only have Benitez word about what actually happened but after dropping him for Arsenal, (shocking decision btw, it’s why Mina is still injured) I think it’s highly unlikely he would have picked him for Chelsea.

I’m with Digne 100%

Just out of curiosity. Is luke shaw a lot better than digne then? Who is the current regular left back at city? Are chelsea not short with chilwell being out long term.
Seems to me if a top quality left/wing back became available these clubs would be interested.

City - Cancelo, Zinchenko
United - Shaw, Telles (bought last season)
Chelsea - Chillwell, Alonso (wanted Digne on loan).

Even a club like Chelsea can't justify paying £45mill for Chillwell, then pay £25million for another LB after also paying £20mill for Emerson. Would be £90mill on 3 left backs.

It's a fair point. But then that managers tactics must get results. We shall await and see.
You're completely right

I'm not trying to defend the manager with that so I hope people don't misunderstand me

Just that I believe the problem is the decision to back Benitez rather than Benítez himself having done anything too crazy

In terms of the way it's worked out I honestly think we could be better off for it. Or we could be if we make the right decisions which is the worrying part. But at least if we can get decent young players and professionals we should be in a better position than the big name big money signings that have failed us.

There's nothing classy about it. It was a propaganda piece to rile up supporters who have been anti Rafael from the start.

He knows what he's doing.
Can you back that post up with some evidence? Digne has played under four Everton managers, been made captain under three if not all four. Signed a contract only a few months ago, and now we're meant to believe he's a troublemaker? However there's plenty out there on Benitez being an egotistical man child.
The sooner Benitez goes the sooner you go.
You insufferable (really really bad word).

You get the feeling dont you, with Digne and Bernard's comments, that there's been a poison in the squad that's needed to be drained.

Imagine getting back to a period when our players are scouted for character again and murderous in their refusal to let other clubs disappear with 3 easy points.

We need a stripped down and lean Everton; no "stars" who care more for their Instagram likes than winning matches. A proper team again filled with professionals with a professional attitude to football.
I agree on your first paragraph. Bernard claiming he loved the club. I bet he did love sponging 100k a week off the club for nothing

Screenshot_20220113-164026_Instagram.jpg

Not sure if this has already been posted in here but that comment from Bernard....

We need to stop moaning about everything. Why care if our club statement didn’t thank him. Everyday we’re looking for something new to loan about haha. Tomorrow I’m predicting will be el ghazi signing…

Bit of a shithouse statement from the club regarding his departure. Whatever you thought of him and whatever went on behind the scenes, you'd expect a professional organisation to at least be magnanimous and wish him luck. Or maybe that's the point and it says a lot about the way the club is now being run.
I’m interested here, do you wish him luck? Villa will be fighting for everything we are? I’m thankful for what he did but I do not wish him luck. We’ve been soft for too long, wishing people luck, it’s about time we became snide

Not to bothered he has left was a good player for us. But he was still part of the group of players at this club that have not performed for us fans . I am happy with the 2 fb that have come in esp patterson and hopefully Mykolenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.