2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have said this for 4 months now and the results have been crap the entire time.

Wake up, he's not turning this around any time soon.
Four months is nothing. He does not work with Kroos, Modric, etc., who mostly find solutions to problems themselves, and who are superior in skills than their opponents. Enough has been said about the players in the squad, but I do not think there are many who would miss any of the players if they were sold. Although there is suddenly a "cry me a river" mood over Digne at the moment.

It is obvious that we have performed far below expectations, and he is starting to run out of time. That is the problem with being a manager. Should I make it safe so that we get a perfectly ok position, keep everyone happy, and not make the changes needed, or should I step on some toes, make changes required, but risk getting fired myself?

Brands was obviously a man who had no principles, and who did not live or die with his ideas, but who instead just obeyed. Benitez, on the other hand, is obsessed and will not spare anyone. For my part, I want such a type in the club, not one who strokes the players' hair, and who is afraid of his own position.

And long may it continue as well.

Im fed up of the RS media trying to destabilise the club 24/7.
you'd rather the RS media continue to regurgitate his excuses week after week, continually spout the line "he's a great manager" over and over like some sort of NLP experiment, and continue to tell fans who would like more than 1 win in 12 that they need to be 'be patient' and 'accept reality' as we continue to slide down the table?!?

oh how the RS media will be chuckling to themselves and dancing with glee if we slump into the bottom 3 instead of picking up wins like we've been magically told to expect in the second half of the season.......

Four months is nothing. He does not work with Kroos, Modric, etc., who mostly find solutions to problems themselves, and who are superior in skills than their opponents. Enough has been said about the players in the squad, but I do not think there are many who would miss any of the players if they were sold. Although there is suddenly a "cry me a river" mood over Digne at the moment.

It is obvious that we have performed far below expectations, and he is starting to run out of time. That is the problem with being a manager. Should I make it safe so that we get a perfectly ok position, keep everyone happy, and not make the changes needed, or should I step on some toes, make changes required, but risk getting fired myself?

Brands was obviously a man who had no principles, and who did not live or die with his ideas, but who instead just obeyed. Benitez, on the other hand, is obsessed and will not spare anyone. For my part, I want such a type in the club, not one who strokes the players' hair, and who is afraid of his own position.
So pretty much the same squad as last season but with results considerably worse (by considerably I mean the worst in 40 years) and it's suddenly the poor squad we have?

1 win in 12 is all on the players? I'm sure Carlo wouldn't have put the ghost of Seamus Coleman in at leftback when Godfrey AND Digne were on the bench.

Gordon has high praise for Benitez for improving him as a player constantly.

Read an Interesting article which mentioned , how Everton youngesters and acedemy players listen keenly to Benitez, his ideas and tactical aspects of the game specially gordon and Braithwaite has taken up high interest and spend lot of time learning things from Benitez, whilst it was mentioned how senior players usually don't seem that interested.
Is that a possible reason we see Gordon and Braithwaite improving that rapidly and rest senior players still acting the same?

Interesting when you consider both signings made this window are young.

I imagine having been coached by Ancelotti a lot of the senior players dont have as much faith in a "lesser" manager which may result in performances/commitment on the pitch.

Sound logic, but half way through the season how many players have actually improved vs regressed? AG is getting better -maybe that's coaching, maybe it's just the natural development consequence of finally playing regularly- but there are not many others. Pickford is better, but is that Rafael's coaching or is that down to the psychologist he's been seeing since end of last season?

I don't think I can think of any others who've stepped up a level since last year, but I can think of a lot who've gone backwards. That's not because they're all unprofessional and unwilling to improve, that's down to the manager and his coaching.
Maybe. It's hard to say, but it takes time. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm completely open about that, because I know too little about what's going on internally. But I know that such processes take time, and that it often causes some noise and difficulties.

His best teams didn’t play like that either, he’s always been a dour negative manager, even carrafger said so the other night, he’s plays the football you endure as long as it gets results when it no longer gets results it gets tedious fast

I’m always comfortable holding an opposite view to that utter balloon spitty the dog

you'd rather the RS media continue to regurgitate his excuses week after week, continually spout the line "he's a great manager" over and over like some sort of NLP experiment, and continue to tell fans who would like more than 1 win in 12 that they need to be 'be patient' and 'accept reality' as we continue to slide down the table?!?

oh how the RS media will be chuckling to themselves and dancing with glee if we slump into the bottom 3 instead of picking up wins like we've been magically told to expect in the second half of the season.......

We aint going down this season and we've spent £30 million on two players Benitez wants.

Got to give him until the seasons end to see if he can improve things or not.

The media cant be allowed to destabilise us further.

1 win 3 draws in 12 games. Yes. But does that negate the facts you mentioned. he did have massive injury probs almost all his best squad players, no budget to improve the squad, paper thin squad and some toxic fans at his back from the start. And it's still half season.
My point was that the RS-loving media will be quick to line up to defend Rafael no matter the run of losses and another early cup exit, should Hull win the game. How many other managers would get this same grace from their sycophantic media pals?!? If it was Solskjaer at United or Mourinho at Spurs on this run, the media would be lining up with pitchforks, not legitimizing half a season of excuse after excuse whilst lecturing the fans on how 'short sighted' they are and how 'lucky' they should consider themselves.

Hes had over 6 months on the job. It is plenty of time. Other managers have come into the league like the fella at Wolves and sre doing far better.

He should be out of time now. It's our worst form for 30 years. I've seen all I need to.

Brands never got the control that Benitez has seemingly been handed.

Well funnily enough he failed with them aswell

His best teams didn’t play like that either, he’s always been a dour negative manager, even carrafger said so the other night, he’s plays the football you endure as long as it gets results when it no longer gets results it gets tedious fast
Yet carragher's best days were under him, gerrard's as well. And even some average Newcastle players performed exceptionally well under him, and infact many clubs fell into the trap and foolishly bought 3-4 hyped Newcastle players like sissoko , wijnaldum , clearly overpriced. None performed like that at their new clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.