2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we lose to hull in front of the watching millions, he will get binned off and Rooney will get the call, a bit like when big Joe come in to replace walker when we were in dire straits. Stranger things have happened.
I swear to God if we bring in an untested Rooney to replace Benitez we deserve the relegation coming our way.

It's exactly the type of stupid name-recognition motivated move I could see Moshiri doing too.

Rooney coming in is more Jobs For the Boys crap. Go out and get the best man available to replace him, not someone who jibbed us off for better things the first time they could.

I think if we lose to hull in front of the watching millions, he will get binned off
If we lose to Hull in front of millions, there'll be a queue as long as your arm of RS/Rafael-loving media sycophants reminding us that the great manager needs time, the injuries are an issue, new players need to settle, more money needs to be spent, the players are rubbish etc etc. Will bet you wont hear a word spoken about the 1 win in a dozen games.

So the kid who barely got a kick under Carlo is saying nice things about the current manger who jusy happens to be giving him a few games and will likely decide/shape his near future?! Is he expected to say anything other than glowing praise for good PR? I can't think of too many players who've given interviews to the press saying how rubbish and outdated their coaching and managers are.

Too bad the "journalist" interviewing AG didn't quite get around to asking 'so why are results so bad if he's such a good coach?'. That's a question I'd be interested to hear his answer to.
He does not have to say anything, and at least he does not have to praise his manger to the extent that he does here. Many former players have also commented that Benitez is very concerned with details, and is constantly trying to help them become better football players. Heard a podcast with John Arne Riise, where he mentioned this, and thought Benitez was the best manager he had played for. Even though he actually got fired by him. But he had little left over for football players who were not serious and did not want to develop. That the world is not black or white, and that it has several shades, obviously does not fit the agenda. On the other hand, the results and achievements have been too poor, and although he is not the devil himself, he needs better results.

He does not have to say anything, and at least he does not have to praise his manger to the extent that he does here. Many former players have also commented that Benitez is very concerned with details, and is constantly trying to help them become better football players. Heard a podcast with John Arne Riise, where he mentioned this, and thought Benitez was the best manager he had played for. Even though he actually got fired by him. But he had little left over for football players who were not serious and did not want to develop. That the world is not black or white, and that it has several shades, obviously does not fit the agenda. On the other hand, the results and achievements have been too poor, and although he is not the devil himself, he needs better results.
I wish he was very concerned with winning footy matches.

Do you honestly agree that he's right to say this given what we have seen from his Everton so far?

“If you analyse my teams, they are aggressive, they go on the front foot and press, and try to regain the ball high up the pitch, create chances and score goals,”

What matches is he watching? What matches are you watching if you agree with that?

He was clearly talking about his historical teams.

If only he could improve the results as well.....
Of course, the results must be better. But I think when you work with a manger over time who wants your best, and who is constantly working to improve you, but who also requires that the players are professional and willing to improve, then you will eventually achieve good results.

Do you honestly agree that he's right to say this given what we have seen from his Everton so far?

“If you analyse my teams, they are aggressive, they go on the front foot and press, and try to regain the ball high up the pitch, create chances and score goals,”

What matches is he watching? What matches are you watching if you agree with that?

Regain the ball high up the pitch by purchasing the slowest player in history.

Of course, the results must be better. But I think when you work with a manger over time who wants your best, and who is constantly working to improve you, but who also requires that the players are professional and willing to improve, then you will eventually achieve good results.
People have said this for 4 months now and the results have been crap the entire time.

Wake up, he's not turning this around any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.