2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands right now, he’s signed 7 players for us. I’m guessing by the end of the window, we’ll be looking at about 8/9. That’s a massive chunk of the squad for someone who’s been here 6 months.

Will we finally be able to call him a crap manager without pushback from his disciples when we’re still crap after January?
No mate, he needs all his players available, without injury for at least 15 games. He also needs to be backed in the transfer market and the fans must not criticise him. After all he's getting the dead wood out.

Or in the real world, he's already shown us more than enough to see that he will never be good enough here. All Benitez' best days are behind him.

Just saw his interview.

Really not sure how you can disagree with anything he’s said.

He’s hit the nail on the head if you read between the lines. Some players were putting themselves before the team, some players don’t really want to be here. He’s making decisions for the long term good of the club to instill a better mentality not to just do what’s been done before and finish a couple of places higher this season.

It’s patently obvious from what he’s saying that he hasn’t had the options in the squad to play exactly how he wants, and he’s had issues to solve. Everyone recognised this in previous seasons but as soon as Benitez was through the door there was a collective amnesia about how poor the squad was.

Carry on Benitez, drain the swamp.
Do you honestly agree that he's right to say this given what we have seen from his Everton so far?

“If you analyse my teams, they are aggressive, they go on the front foot and press, and try to regain the ball high up the pitch, create chances and score goals,”

What matches is he watching? What matches are you watching if you agree with that?

I don't have any excuses, not that I have to justify an opinion to you.

Potter Vs Rafael is a draw this season.

I haven't lied about Digne, there's plenty of info out there if you bother to look.

Your agenda here proves what kind of supporter you are. You want us to lose. You care more about players who have terrible attitudes than the wellbeing of the club.
First class lying weasel you.
Stop using "us" & "we"
Worse than kopite vermin....and there's enough of that on here already

View attachment 150865

Who wants a card ready for Hull?

Just saw his interview.

He’s hit the nail on the head if you read between the lines. Some players were putting themselves before the team, some players don’t really want to be here. He’s making decisions for the long term good of the club to instill a better mentality not to just do what’s been done before and finish a couple of places higher this season.

It’s patently obvious from what he’s saying that he hasn’t had the options in the squad to play exactly how he wants, and he’s had issues to solve. Everyone recognised this in previous seasons but as soon as Benitez was through the door there was a collective amnesia about how poor the squad was.

:coffee:

Just saw his interview.

So let`s get this straight.

He now has the worst stats of any Everton manager, worse than Mike Walker, who up until now, was the worst in our history.

And NON of that is his fault ???????

Ancellotti had games where we played four centre halves at the back, Allardyce had Martina playing left back for most of his tenure, Walter Smith had Steve Watson playing up front for a few games etc etc.

The lengths you lot are going to, to defend him is straying into the realms of pure fantasy now.

I expect this sort of nonsense from Dave, as it`s thing, it`s what he does, but not from you.

Anthony Gordon:

“You definitely learn a lot through working with Rafael Benitez.

“He’s relentless on improving you. It’s not that often that you’ll see a manager at that level given what he’s achieved in his career, be so in detail and take the time every day to try and improve you.

“That’s not just with me, that’s with everyone. That’s the best thing I can say about him. For someone with such a high-profile, he’s a really humble man who tries to improve you every day which some managers wouldn’t.

“He’s managed the top players in the world and he knows what works and what doesn’t.

“Just passing that information on to me and then me going out and doing it, you can clearly see the improvements that I’ve been making this season.

“I’m worlds apart from where I was last year so he’s clearly doing something right with my development.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...nthony-gordon-everton-Rafael-benitez-22656302

He now has the worst stats of any Everton manager, worse than Mike Walker, who up until now, was the worst in our history.

Ancellotti had games where we played four centre halves at the back, Allardyce had Martina playing left back for most of his tenure, Walter Smith had Steve Watson playing up front for a few games etc etc.

The lengths you lot are going to, to defend him is straying into the realms of pure fantasy now.

I expect this sort of nonsense from Dave, as it`s thing, it`s what he does, but not from you

Anthony Gordon:

“He’s relentless on improving you. It’s not that often that you’ll see a manager at that level given what he’s achieved in his career, be so in detail and take the time every day to try and improve you.

“That’s not just with me, that’s with everyone. That’s the best thing I can say about him. For someone with such a high-profile, he’s a really humble man who tries to improve you every day which some managers wouldn’t.

“He’s managed the top players in the world and he knows what works and what doesn’t.

“Just passing that information on to me and then me going out and doing it, you can clearly see the improvements that I’ve been making this season.

“I’m worlds apart from where I was last year so he’s clearly doing something right with my development.”

So the kid who barely got a kick under Carlo is saying nice things about the current manger who jusy happens to be giving him a few games and will likely decide/shape his near future?! Is he expected to say anything other than glowing praise for good PR? I can't think of too many players who've given interviews to the press saying how rubbish and outdated their coaching and managers are.

Too bad the "journalist" interviewing AG didn't quite get around to asking 'so why are results so bad if he's such a good coach?'. That's a question I'd be interested to hear his answer to.

Anthony Gordon:

If only he could improve the results as well.....

I expect this sort of nonsense from Dave, as it`s thing, it`s what he does, but not from you.
I think if we lose to hull in front of the watching millions, he will get binned off and Rooney will get the call, a bit like when big Joe come in to replace walker when we were in dire straits. Stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.