Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid the only thing I can say is we are a shambles. Today's game brought back memories of that route, famous Watford side beat us 5-2.

We look like a flat tyre that we are wasting our time trying to pump up, when there's a couple of nails sticking out of it.

Not denying it was a decent strike but, it wasn’t a complete worldie that was bang in the top corner. Watch the replay, Pickfords view wasn’t blocked and he was stood in that corner of the goal, it’s literally gone straight over his head whilst he’s standing a couple of yards off his line.
It's the same as it always is with him. He's not making mistakes but he's also just not making enough saves. You don't look at any of those and say he should have had it but he's also made the save on Ayew and nothing else of not while allowing 3 goals.

@BlueToff, this is why three men in midfield at all costs doesn't work. Square pegs, round holes.

Sorry mate, wasn't on here during the game.

Well, yes and no. It was bad today but Benitez played it totally wrong.

We went 433 with a front line of Richarlison, Gray and Townsend - who all need balls into feet. We were playing long ball.

If we're going to play long ball, fine, but don't put Richarlison between two big CBs and expect it to work. Play Rondon and have Richarlison playing off him. Why is Townsend playing? The lad is so out of form. The only answer can be for set-pieces... because he's punted Digne so has no other alternative.

That being said, I don't want Gomes starting games as he's just too slow. But at one point he put Gomes up in a 10 role just to hit long balls to him mate. It's madness.

That system today ended up not working because the manager got the approach completely wrong as to how we would play on the ball. I've said it tons of times, you cannot treat Richarlison as a target man. It doesn't work. We saw how to play to Richarlison as a striker on Monday...

I hope these odds for Rooney as next manager are wrong. He will never make a good manager. I'd rather see tim cahill or someone who can actually make these players pass the ball. Who that is though is anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.