2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20211207-065947.jpg

He's pretty poor on the ball but today he set up a decentish chance in the first half with a nice pass, and showed what he can do in the derby when he gets his head up quickly.

He is the classic inside forward who is best running onto things, as all three of his goals today showed.

A front 3 of him, Gray and DCL sounds nice till you realise two want fo play on the same side.

A front 3 of him, Gray and DCL sounds nice till you realise two want fo play on the same side.
Yeah that is an issue but if you look at Richy's second disallowed goal and his header they're both coming from him running in from the right side of the box.

he's played right forward for Brazil more than enough times and done it well. If you play a narrow three - and get the full-backs attacking - it's not as much of an issue.

Yeah that is an issue but if you look at Richy's second disallowed goal and his header they're both coming from him running in from the right side of the box.

he's played right forward for Brazil more than enough times and done it well. If you play a narrow three - and get the full-backs attacking - it's not as much of an issue.

Yeh it can work he just seems to prefer it out left. He’s better for Digne being on the right anyway coming onto crosses since Coleman couldn’t cross a ballot paper.

If Rafael does go to a three in midfield, then an attacking three of Richie, DCL and Gray, could be quite a threat in the second half of the season.

Dom as the 9 with the holdup play and aerial threat, Gray with the pace to run by defenders and the finishing skill, Richie has attributes of both and the nonstop motor, that's formidable.

If we had better than the desiccated corpse of Salomon Rondon as a sub, we'd be unstoppable.

Great game but still find him wildly overrated.

Compare him to Iwobi. Iwobi arguably has more raw skill, but has 1/100 the heart as Richarlison.

That was something special we saw tonight. This is why we watch sport, to get so emotionally invested in men we (mostly) have never met, making stupid money, playing a boys' game - for transcendent moments like this.

This club was dying. I don't mean just that it looked like the drop was possible. The club has faced the drop before and escaped, if only just. In the past several weeks, especially the derby and following, we've seen the club lose its way, lose its pride, its identity, its sense of self. Well as far as I know and the reason why this club chose me (over what would have been active resistance if I had known what I was in for) is that Everton FC never quits and keeps coming at you, especially at home. And on a night where we honestly feared that that club was gone, this man from halfway around the world just decided we weren't going to lose with him on the pitch.

General Ulysses S. Grant was of low repute (he was a drunk, among other things). There was pressure on President Abraham Lincoln to get rid of him. Lincoln said: "I can't spare this man. He fights."

Richarlison fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.