2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He personifies the Goodison crowd on the pitch so perfectly. He’s one of us and I hope he always is.

To get goals take off the board like that, TWICE, and then come back and equalize, and to just keep attacking throughout and refuse to yield…. Especially given the context of this game that’s a performance for the ages, people will be talking about it 30 years from now

As they should

Screenshot_20211206-230926_Twitter.jpg

I'd have a lot more time for these shouts about how wrong the offside calls were if they player who was offside knew the actual rule. But he's offside like four times a game so I'm just more worried that maybe someone should tell him when you're the man over in acres of space that the thing to do is stay very blatantly onside.

He was great though on the whole.

I will be inconsolable when he bins us off in the near future. He's not perfect but he shows real spirit and really respects the club/crowd.

Gotta say the people who buzz when he looks a bit stroppy wind me up.

'Thinks he's gonna be the next Mbappe at PSG eh? No he's a joke cant wait till he's gone!'

I'm regularly critical of Richarlison, but I thought his attitude was outstanding tonight given the circumstances of the current climate at the club and his two disallowed goals. When Benitez needed a performance from him, he stepped up. That decision to facilitate his Olympic appearance is beginning to look like a masterstroke from Benitez and just might have been the start of a very important bond between him and Richarlison.

And if not, ah well, tonight will do his transfer value no harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.