2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players who don’t want to play for the benefit of the team are an issue and have been for a long time here.

That sends a message, we don’t care if you’re the left back of France, if you don’t play the way the manager tells you to, you’re out.

He is playing for the team, just not well as the style it's not his strength. And the fact the whole team have been shocking defensively isn't down to him.

Him saying he's not being played to his strengths when we've been on a shocking run of games could be seen as him wanting to do more to help if given freedom.

Doesn't matter now. Think is time here is done after it.

He said it at post-match interview, the club is looking for stability now, that means no sacking managers. Moshiri is with Rafael for the long term, he’s not leaving anytime soon so there’s nothing we as fans can do apart from back the bloke.
Spot on.

Plenty on here will be disappointed the fever has broken, but really we all need this club to just find stability and take a few breaths.

With Brands gone it's clarified the line of responsibility: the manager is in charge and he'll do what he seees as necessary...and if it goes tits up he's the one to blame.

That's how it should be.

God no, it's still a write off. We're still looking at 13th or so. There's every chance Palace beat us.

Make no mistake, that is still a dreadful squad. We got dragged over the line by our few decent players tonight, which is how we usually only win games - Richarlison, Doucoure and Gray basically.

True. And Arsenal are soft as butter still.
Just grateful to put a bit of daylight between us and that bottom 3.

Why 13th then?

Well, say 11th-14th to give the prediction breathing room, but while I expected (and predicted) the shocking November we had, I still had us about 3 points better off than where we are, and I expected to finish around 10th this season.

I've said all along that we'll stay up but be bottom half, and I've seen nothing to change my mind... although admittedly at 1-0 Arsenal I was thinking relegation seriously for the first time!

despite the hysteria in here, we are actually just one point off our finishing poison from last season. But in this hot house you'd be entitled to think we were adrift at the bottom
Amazing isn't it?

That fraud Ancelotti will be surpassed and then some this season, even after this atrocious run.

Status
Not open for further replies.