2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a civil war at Everton, and Benitez won it. I’m not surprised at all that Moshiri backed Benitez over the combined opinion of three people in DBB Brands and Kenwright shop successfully pissed 500 mill of his money up the wall. The 1.7 he’s given to Benitez is now on the pitch as one of our best players and an asset we could re-sell if needed for 10s of millions now. No wonder he’s sided with him. It’s just pure cold logic. Benitez has given him a more compelling plan for the club and how to achieve it since he’s arrived than Brands has managed in the three seasons he’s been here.

I just don’t like you very much and I can’t explain why.

There was a civil war at Everton, and Benitez won it. I’m not surprised at all that Moshiri backed Benitez over the combined opinion of three people in DBB Brands and Kenwright shop successfully pissed 500 mill of his money up the wall. The 1.7 he’s given to Benitez is now on the pitch as one of our best players and an asset we could re-sell if needed for 10s of millions now. No wonder he’s sided with him. It’s just pure cold logic. Benitez has given him a more compelling plan for the club and how to achieve it since he’s arrived than Brands has managed in the three seasons he’s been here.
but you are ignoring the fact that Moshiri has constantly meddled and delegated how that money has been spent, aren't you?

Brands - for his many faults - spent a relatively tiny amount of that money. Most of that money was spent in the Walsh era. Brands was weak and was right to leave but Moshiri is a huge issue and for you to think that he's not is a bit mad.

I don't begrudge him investing. But he's made some awful decisions so sorry if I don't suddenly think giving Benitez full control is a good one either.

but you are ignoring the fact that Moshiri has constantly meddled and delegated how that money has been spent, aren't you?

Brands - for his many faults - spent a relatively tiny amount of that money. Most of that money was spent in the Walsh era. Brands was weak and was right to leave but Moshiri is a huge issue and for you to think that he's not is a bit mad.

I don't begrudge him investing. But he's made some awful decisions so sorry if I don't suddenly think giving Benitez full control is a good one either.

Let’s see Moshiri try to buy players and force them on Benitez. That’s the difference between yes men, and a belligerent football man who doesn’t care about sentiment, emotion, or anything that will get in the way of building the team he wants.

Even 4th is up for grabs if things go really well. May have to settle for that conference league though.

Alright, settle down like. We've just been on our worst run of form in 22 years. It's a little bit early to be talking about European football of any sort.

We need the injuries to clear up, we need some good form in December and we need to pull a few bargains out of the hat in January before we can start to even think about that sort of thing.

It's been poor management that has compounded Digne's poor form though. He's not been great, no. But he's been told to not do what he's good at, which in turn hasn't helped the team. That's not good management.
We already have wingers, it is a left back that does not get roasted and concede many free kicks that we need. Digne hasn't fitted that criterea for a long time. Putting in a few decent balls into the penalty box doesn't make him a better defender. He is a vica versa player. First season he had both his jobs down to a tee but since then he has deteriorated drastically as a defender and slowly as an attacker

Let’s see Moshiri try to buy players and force them on Benitez. That’s the difference between yes men, and a belligerent football man who doesn’t care about sentiment, emotion, or anything that will get in the way of building the team he wants.
I agree there... though Moshiri last forced a player on the club in Iwobi. That was 2 years ago.

He trusted Carlo and clearly trusts Benitez. I worry on that front because I don't trust Benitez with more money. I think he's a bit like Moyes in that sense. Good on a budget at finding players but if we have £15m to spend in Jan I know it's gonna be on Longstaff and Ayoze Perez on loan.

Don't think that's true mate. We can debate how much of the expenditure in the Brands era that Brands was actually responsible for, but in both gross and net terms we've spent more in the Brands era than we did in the Walsh era, albeit the Brands era was 18 months longer.

This is spot on. Benitez, unlike Brands, will have the personality to forcefully say no and make his opinion heard.

Brands was a nodding dog.

It's what we need. Discipline. From top to bottom at the club. Moshiri needs to be told you've hired me to manage a football team, I'm going to manage the bloody football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.