David Unsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is now in charge of the whole Youth Academy, that’s promotion, how are the people who give these jobs out happy with what he has done these last good few years he has been in charge of the U23’s?
A coach was brought in from Derby County, with a very good reputation, to oversee the Academy eighteen months ago, he lasted eighteen months, Spurs got him last summer to work in their Academy, didn’t his face fit at Everton, didn’t the clique at Finch Farm like him?
Didn't we also have someone in from West Brom for a while, who also didn't last very long? Could be I'm just dreaming that TBF

Sure we might need a change of coach at u23 level maybe. But this is a man who played in our last trophy winning team. I find the comments from people making snide remarks, about Unsys physical appearance to be nasty and below the belt imo.
He so fat, his belt size is equator

I just think it looks unprofessional in a fitness based industry

I’m more concerned by the fact that it’s taken so long to get the first team and under 23s to play the same formation
Wasn’t that a head spinning admission, I thought the same, absolutely incredible. Embarrassing indictment of Unsworth and walsh/Brands - do they talk to each other?

We’ve had a director of football model for what 5/6 years - the idea is to get all the youth teams playing a similar style so they can make the step up easier. Just insane to hear Unsworth proudly announce “yes, we’ve decided to try and get all the youth teams to play the same way” like it’s some kind of genius revelation. WTF have you lot been doing if that has only just dawned on you????

One thing I was curious about - I thought the idea was to get all the teams (including first team) playing in a similar style. Given the owner seems to pick a manager with a different style every 18 months, you do wonder what the point of all the youth teams playing a fixed style is - in the current situation that will never feed into whatever the first team tactics of the day are.

Wasn’t that a head spinning admission, I thought the same, absolutely incredible. Embarrassing indictment of Unsworth and walsh/Brands - do they talk to each other?

We’ve had a director of football model for what 5/6 years - the idea is to get all the youth teams playing a similar style so they can make the step up easier. Just insane to hear Unsworth proudly announce “yes, we’ve decided to try and get all the youth teams to play the same way” like it’s some kind of genius revelation. WTF have you lot been doing if that has only just dawned on you????

One thing I was curious about - I thought the idea was to get all the teams (including first team) playing in a similar style. Given the owner seems to pick a manager with a different style every 18 months, you do wonder what the point of all the youth teams playing a fixed style is - in the current situation that will never feed into whatever the first team tactics of the day are.
It a joke. The whole point of that model is to breed players for your first team. That way you don’t get questions over if they fit the team or not.

Look at city. Pep has played so many young players… now take them same players and would Benitez be playing them now?

No of course not, you are an avid Everton supporter but a blinkered one if you can’t make your mind up about Kenwright!!
Whoa who said my mind wasn't made up!?

He was a bog average chairman for me. I have seen worse in my lifetime for us and I am only in my 40s!

Seen much much worse elsewhere too which puts him in the "meh" category for me.

It a joke. The whole point of that model is to breed players for your first team. That way you don’t get questions over if they fit the team or not.

Look at city. Pep has played so many young players… now take them same players and would Benitez be playing them now?
If they had played a handful of games for City then yes probably. That's the weird part.

We miss a trick with the young players anyway. A youth player with 20+ games under his belt goes for 5-10m rather than a kid who never plays and goes for a nominal fee.

He was a bog average chairman for me. I have seen worse in my lifetime for us and I am only in my 40s!

He’s still chairman and has been for a long time, look at the state of the club when he bought it to where we were when Moshiri took over, there is a massive difference financially but you know all this yet still come out with excuses for him, seen worse.? Not over a sustained period like Billy Boy‘s.

He’s still chairman and has been for a long time, look at the state of the club when he bought it to where we were when Moshiri took over, there is a massive difference financially but you know all this yet still come out with excuses for him, seen worse.? Not over a sustained period like Billy Boy‘s.
We were in a worse position when he bought the club both financially and structurally.

None of it has been "good" Johnson and Moshiri (so far) have been worse though.

Stating the truth and being even minded is not making excuses.

Was you even born when Johnson was in charge? (I may be getting you mixed up with someone else there).

Like who? For Everton I mean as kenwright has been chairman since your early 20’s so not much to go on

We were in a worse position when he bought the club both financially and structurally.

None of it has been "good" Johnson and Moshiri (so far) have been worse though.

Stating the truth and being even minded is not making excuses.

Was you even born when Johnson was in charge? (I may be getting you mixed up with someone else there).
At least Johnson tried and put some money into the team, he bought us our last world class player abs we won a trophy. Ok he was forced to sell players when it went pear shaped. Abs obviously being a red goes against him, but to say he’s been worse than kenwright, not sure how you work that out.

Kenwright got lucky with Moyes, but that luck would have run out with Martinez, he gave a new 5yr deal to after one season. Abs couldn’t afford to sack him. Until Moshiri came along. Again Moshiri has made mistakes, but has at least tried to kick us on with his money. And if this new ground happens. That makes him a million times better than bullshit billy, just on the ground alone.

Some thing kenwright failed Witt 3 times. We could be ok the docks already, but he couldn’t find 35mil

Status
Not open for further replies.