David Unsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet Dave prentice thinks he’s doing a great job. Been the local Everton journalist for 30yrs. That tells us everything about the way the club/Bill controls things. Wont say a bad word about anyone, well maybe brands & Moshiri.

But this is the journalist who wrote a piece about Hicks & Gillette and what a shocking job they were doing as Liverpool owners and need to get out the club. Unbelievable
Prentice even gives Billy Boy a good write up in his biography, and has always been a supporter of Kenwright although he is supposed to an avid Everton fan.

Sure we might need a change of coach at u23 level maybe. But this is a man who played in our last trophy winning team. I find the comments from people making snide remarks, about Unsys physical appearance to be nasty and below the belt imo.
I find the situation the club finds itself in far more nasty and below the belt , and I reckon I’d beat him in a pie eating contest no problem . As long as it’s not steak and ale pie.

….he’s been in charge of U23s for years, when was the last time we got to the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup at U18 level?

It’s an indicator the club are not recruiting top talent & there might be a number of reasons for this. Unsworth gets the stick because players are rarely coming through from U23s but the basic reason is because they aren’t good enough. It would be a valid excuse if our youth teams are successful in younger age groups.
He is now in charge of the whole Youth Academy, that’s promotion, how are the people who give these jobs out happy with what he has done these last good few years he has been in charge of the U23’s?
A coach was brought in from Derby County, with a very good reputation, to oversee the Academy eighteen months ago, he lasted eighteen months, Spurs got him last summer to work in their Academy, didn’t his face fit at Everton, didn’t the clique at Finch Farm like him?

He had a chance as caretaker manager and looked like a rabbit in headlights, in fact we might as well have stuck Boys Pen Bill in the dugout. Now he has a new fancy title. We may not care too much for Mr. Barton but I think the FAT PE Teacher taunt actually sits well. He epitomises the slack, underachieving boys club created by Kenwright and our backsliding long rooted culture. Unsworth should be on the Moshri list. The owner now needs to decide who he and we need at the club or keep this going and its the Championship and possibly worse.

He is now in charge of the whole Youth Academy, that’s promotion, how are the people who give these jobs out happy with what he has done these last good few years he has been in charge of the U23’s?
A coach was brought in from Derby County, with a very good reputation, to oversee the Academy eighteen months ago, he lasted eighteen months, Spurs got him last summer to work in their Academy, didn’t his face fit at Everton, didn’t the clique at Finch Farm like him?
There’s rumours of alleged bullying at finch farm With solicitors involved . I won’t name the person but it wouldn’t shock me if it’s true ,

again it could just be rumours but I don’t think it is from what has been said.

…I have no idea, Cameron. its a major problem unearthing young talent. When I was a kid all we did was play footy in the street, all the time we were developing our skills but you rarely see it now.

There is a recruitment issue at Everton but it will take many years for Unsworth to make a difference if the club are bringing kids in at 8 years of age.

Unsworth might well be useless but I don’t really see any convincing evidence that the problems lie elsewhere. I would point out, he was the one who went to the Board & recommended they buy DCL.

Prentice even gives Billy Boy a good write up in his biography, and has always been a supporter of Kenwright although he is supposed to an avid Everton fan.
I am a Kenwright supporter. Are you saying I am not an avid Everton fan?

Actually I suppose I am more of a Kenwright non abuser rather than a supporter. He draws no real strong feelings from me one way or the other.

Moshiri however...

There’s rumours of alleged bullying at finch farm With solicitors involved . I won’t name the person but it wouldn’t shock me if it’s true ,

again it could just be rumours but I don’t think it is from what has been said.
Not very EITC that if accurate. If it is bullying, it is likely a senior person dishing it out. As we haven't heard of anyone prominent of late being fired or suspended then chances are it is one or more of the old boys network. Knowing they are bullet proof courtesy of Kenright and DBB and perhaps pushed it just a little too far.

Oafs. But indicative of the entitlement culture that prevails.

…I have no idea, Cameron. its a major problem unearthing young talent. When I was a kid all we did was play footy in the street, all the time we were developing our skills but you rarely see it now.

There is a recruitment issue at Everton but it will take many years for Unsworth to make a difference if the club are bringing kids in at 8 years of age.

Unsworth might well be useless but I don’t really see any convincing evidence that the problems lie elsewhere. I would point out, he was the one who went to the Board & recommended they buy DCL.
That was just one player, turned out to be a very good one, Eggs, and quite a few more have been brought in for decent money and have gone with hardly any bringing decent money back, although I’d stress I don’t know who recommended them.

Unsworth had successful seasons but only when playing senior players like Niasse and Pennington, he could ask for players like Davies, when fit, and Jonjo Kenny,and be doing them a favour if he was allowed to play them,Jonjo, like Knouknou last season, has hardly kicked a ball all season for any of Everton’s teams, yet if called upon on Monday will be expected to go straight into the team and perform well!!

Sorry for the rant Eggs, a lot of that post has nothing to do with you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.