Sack him or not

Simple question.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the perception is we can't do worse and I don't think that is true.

Now that doesn't alone mean we shouldn't sack him, there is certainly a strong case to do so, but if we are going to we've got to have a plan on what comes next. And a plan longer than for the next six months. Otherwise we just further set ourselves back yet again.
Yeah we could get 0 points out of 24 instead of 2.

Absolute nonsense. No one at the game wants Benitez to stay. You'll see that loud and clear if the board are stupid enough to prolong this nonsense to Monday
No matter. He's here and will remain here until either

A/ he turns it around
B/ they find a replacement

On we go and face Arsenal now. THAT is what we all have to focus on.

No matter. He's here and will remain here until either

A/ he turns it around
B/ they find a replacement

On we go and face Arsenal now. THAT is what we all have to focus on.

We need to focus on getting the manager, DOF, and board members replaced

We won't win enough points until that happens

No. He wasn't high up my list of preferred managers, but any manager deserves at least 18 months to put his stamp on the club.

The fact we are even talking about sacking a manager after a dozen games is quite frankly embarrassing
18 months? He'll be the best paid manager in the Championship by then. But hey, we'll save a few quid on compensation.
By the way, its sixteen games.

Sack him and go on this never ending circle of mediocrity, I didn't want Rafael, Potter would have been much the better choice, but that wouldn't have been received well by the fans either, we want success now but this is a long term project....

Until the decision makers sort themselves out we are just ferrets stuck on the wheel. 40pts is the target now

No Dave wrong again, and bit rich coming from the man who actively wants Everton to get beat in certain games

Like I said, only non-Evertonians want him here. Clear to see which camp you’re in
Benitez is here. He's here and has more shots to turn this.

You need to focus on that.

There will be no sacking today and only a defeat against Arsenal will see him out.

He has a puncher's chance to turn this fight around.

Let's all get behind the team and get some points on the board.

You know that isn't possible.

Stop trying to appear even handed.

I'm not being even handed. I only have one opinion on the manager and that is that he was entirely the wrong choice and has only gone and proved it with the worst run of form since 1999.

Why would I need to be even handed about the manager? His record speaks for itself. We can't score, and are shipping goals for fun. All the evidence is that he is a clueless, stubborn, inept manager who isn't really bothered how he does here.

And since when did you support the DOF. What is going on here David?

On the one hand, I can see the hand that Benitez has been dealt here isn't a great one. Financial restrictions, injuries, a woeful squad and a significant proportion of the fanbase against him from day one.

On the other hand, we are in the midst of our worst run of form for 22 years, so it's absolutely fair to say that Silva and even Koeman got sacked for less.

I suspect we won't sack him before Arsenal, but that game becomes a must win. Or at least a must not lose and then the following Palace game becomes a must win.

Essentially we need a minimum of 4 points from the next 2 games I would say or he'll be gone. He can't afford another defeat.

All so predictable though. We'll be back in this discussion in the next 18 months because Benitez is merely a symptom of the problem. Until we address the underlying root causes of what has allowed us to end up with a squad like the one we have, why we have FFP problems and why a manager like Benitez was appointed, we'll stay in this loop

I'm not being even handed. I only have one opinion on the manager and that is that he was entirely the wrong choice and has only gone and proved it with the worst run of form since 1999.

Why would I need to be even handed about the manager? His record speaks for itself. We can't score, and are shipping goals for fun. All the evidence is that he is a clueless, stubborn, inept manager who isn't really bothered how he does here.

And since when did you support the DOF. What is going on here David?
How am I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.