2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know where to start with you.
The other day I responded and you seemed to understand that the senior management of the last 7 years is the real source of most of our problems.

They're the reason we have these crap players, why we've had crap managers (this one included), why we're straying into dangerous territory in the table.

We sign some new players, blame the manager, get a new manager, blame the players. That's the cycle. How many times have we said the word 'transition'? And I'm not talking about @Paris 's interests.

There's no reason to expect this group of players, or this manager, to be any different when they were chosen to fit a strategy by the owner/directors which continues to fail. That's before we really get into how badly we've performed under Benitez. He's getting an awful lot of goodwill from the club and some fans, that he wouldn't get anywhere else.

Its not an 'either/or' thing, Benitez is responsible, along with many others. We need major change at every level of the club or this downward spiral will continue.

Whilst I fully agree that the board take the blame for the disaster that has been the last 7 years it’s far too convenient an argument to claim that all the managers have been crap.

Carlo Ancelotti was not crap, not by a long long way, he hasn’t been poor at other clubs, and he wasn’t poor here.

Benitez is not a poor manager, not anywhere else he’s been. He’s been less successful in some places but he is by no one’s metrics poor. You don’t win what he’s won in his career at any point by being poor.

Marco Silva isn’t looking like a useless manager at Fulham at the moment.

Allardyce for all we might hate him is clearly a competent manager who has kept many teams in the premier league and even taken Bolton into Europe.

Your argument is contradictory. One the one hand you seem to be admitting that the board have created conditions for managers to be unsuccessful, but then at the same time are proposing that all the managers we’ve had have been poor. By your own logic it would make no difference if we had a good one (which we’ve had in my view) ad there’s no strategy in place for them to a beige anyway.

I'm merely pointing out the utter stink of hypocrisy from the "principled" who suddenly now say it's because he's 'tactically rubbish' or whatever rather than why they didn't give him a chance in the first place.

Is there just one of them who hasn't done that so far? Anyone of the Benitez out lot who just says: "I dont give a flying one if he's good or not...I just wanted him out...he could be winning games and I'd say that"?

I doubt it. They've all found their principles now. And you know why dont you - these same people will DEMAND loyalty to whoever eventually replaces Benitez.

Hypocrites.
I guess you are rudely including me in this "whatever" lot of frothing maniacs who hysterically masturbate out of the sheer joy of seeing him fail? Rude.

Its a results oriented business, we need to put points on the board. He is not getting us those points and is unwilling to change his stubborn ways.

How many games do you give him until you are ready to change your stance?

Status
Not open for further replies.