2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the one hand there’s loads of fans calling Gordon out as nowhere near ready, no end product etc.

Then at the same time berating Benitez for not starting two kids whoa are miles behind Gordon in development. Beggars belief.
Not really true, people are denigrating Rondon. Quite rightly too, he is useless. Personally - and I think many fans - would rather see an emerging youngster at least try, then Rondon, the Statue. I can't believe the number of balls flashed across the box against Brentford and he was nowhere near even one of them. He's meant to be a striker.

It's because we left it so late. He was all that was left.
Story I heard at the weekend was we had 3 players lined up for weeks on the condition James went.
How true it is I don't know but this came from someone who has never given me duff info before.

Who's the 3? Diaz, Anguissa and?

Even with James gone, we couldn't afford the players. However James's wages would have freed up some money for loans which will be available in a few weeks.

Rondon was approached early summer, the reason it took so long to go through was because he was having difficulty with Dalian. Which is when we started looking elsewhere and Rondon was in talks with a few other clubs. Once the Dalian situation was dealt with, we went straight back in for him.

13 games into a season there's no justification for sacking a manager not backed with cash and having his forwards out near all season.

You know THAT deep down too.

It's utter baloney to suggest there's anything other than blind hatred that has people calling for his head.

That's not "going over the top" it's right on the money.
"Blind hatred" would be hating him for no reason.

There are plenty of reasons to hate him if you are that way inclined.

Hating him is a perfectly valid reason to call for his head anyway. Read it back, of course it's a reason!

Nah.

28 November 2020, Ancelotti started against Leeds Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison and James Rodriguez up front.

28 November 2021, Benitez started against Brentford Rondon and Iwobi up front.

The very definition of chalk and cheese.
James Rodriguez was rubbish and the devil incarnate, didn't you read his thread? Various posters were adamant that Townsend was a significant upgrade.

On the one hand there’s loads of fans calling Gordon out as nowhere near ready, no end product etc.

Then at the same time berating Benitez for not starting two kids whoa are miles behind Gordon in development. Beggars belief.
It's not the same people though, is it? Unbelievably, different groups of people on an internet forum have different opinions and they are sometimes contrary.

13 games into a season there's no justification for sacking a manager not backed with cash and having his forwards out near all season.

You know THAT deep down too.

It's utter baloney to suggest there's anything other than blind hatred that has people calling for his head.

That's not "going over the top" it's right on the money.

Yes I can agree with most of that. This run is awful though mate, and losing to them will top it off. It will be an emotional decision, but I wont be able to defend him if that happens. Undoubtedly my ire towards him is kicking in, even subliminally.

Maybe it makes me a bad blue. That feels a bit harsh to me though mate. Not everyone can just switch that dislike for him on and off.

Who's the 3? Diaz, Anguissa and?

Even with James gone, we couldn't afford the players. However James's wages would have freed up some money for loans which will be available in a few weeks.

Rondon was approached early summer, the reason it took so long to go through was because he was having difficulty with Dalian. Which is when we started looking elsewhere and Rondon was in talks with a few other clubs. Once the Dalian situation was dealt with, we went straight back in for him.

Prioritising Rondon will go down as a huge mistake IMO.

Haha I can’t believe I’ve never made that connection before, yeah it’s deffo a Spanish thing he has going on. Remember him championing Aitor Karanka at one point.
I forgot about that, so had to hit the vaults

64A9C3A3-FC3E-4620-A50C-C9E6F2F25E83.jpeg

Yes I can agree with most of that. This run is awful though mate, and losing to them will top it off. It will be an emotional decision, but I wont be able to defend him if that happens. Undoubtedly my ire towards him is kicking in, even subliminally.

Maybe it makes me a bad blue. That feels a bit harsh to me though mate. Not everyone can just switch that dislike for him on and off.

I think losing to Brentford is far worse than losing to them because we aren't really expected to get anything from the game tomorrow but we should be against Brentford.

Okay, if you think he should go after a defeat tomorrow then fair enough. But who do you you think should replace him because I'm at a loss now. Different manager, same aquad.

Status
Not open for further replies.