2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rambling nonsense is this? I bet you're one of those who thinks rich people are immune from depression, as well?

Absolutely nobody gets to dictate to this man what he should or shouldn't prioritise over the birth of his child. As an employee of the club he will have some provision for paternity leave; if he is deemed to have taken too much or defied the club's wishes (and his contractual obligation to them) then no doubt he will suffer consequences, almost certainly financial. What he has earned in the past has no bearing on where he prioritises such a monumental life event.
No, they are not immune to depression, but there is a fairly clear link between mental illness and socioeconomic status. People who come from a background of poverty have a significantly higher risk - this is the case in most areas.

This group also has significant purchasing power to pay off waiting lists, and obtain the best possible and available treatment. Now I am aware that being a top athlete means a lot of pressure, and many are struggling. However, they are usually privileged. Because they usually have the opportunity to use the best therapists, do not have to wait, and they usually have a whole apparatus that takes care of their interests.

So what I wrote was obviously a bit of nonsense, but there was also some truth in it. There is a lot of [Poor language removed] in the world, but privileged football players are not the first ones I plan to march for.

It is a job / hobby that gives them quite a paycheck, so well paid that they can live in luxury for the rest of their lives. They enjoy all the benefits of life in first class, eat, drink, travel, [Poor language removed], etc., whoever they want. They are almost never held accountable for anything either. Mostly they have time off during the day, except for a few hours of exercise.

So comparing football pros with carpenters. plumbers, etc., meaning that it's just a job, is completely hopeless. I fully understand that the carpenter wants to see that his wife's vagina ruptures, and thus get a break from the working day. There is nothing more touching than watching your offspring be covered in your wife's blood, urine and poop.

But a football professional should first and foremost prioritize what allows him to spend far more hours with his child than a carpenter, and what allows him to go on the best vacations with the family, buy the biggest house, the fastest cars, and to send their kids to the best educational institutions. If not, maybe he should become a carpenter?

Footballer loves his kids just as much as a Carpenter, all what you have said is irrelivant.

Its a job, he is not a blue, scouser or even English. He has professional duty to kick a ball around, thats it.

Life is much much more important.

I stopped going watching us becasue of work, because that and my family are more important.

What rambling nonsense is this? I bet you're one of those who thinks rich people are immune from depression, as well?

Absolutely nobody gets to dictate to this man what he should or shouldn't prioritise over the birth of his child. As an employee of the club he will have some provision for paternity leave; if he is deemed to have taken too much or defied the club's wishes (and his contractual obligation to them) then no doubt he will suffer consequences, almost certainly financial. What he has earned in the past has no bearing on where he prioritises such a monumental life event.

Spot on, I swear some people just see money and nothing else.

I had a huge row with a blue on twitter about James & his daughter and how had not seen her for over a year....that must be hard etc, working away....this fella would not have it all all, things like "if he loved her that much, why move away from Colombia for work"......."Why doesnt he just move her here with all his money"............all the while having a photo of him and his son with "My son IS my world" on his bio....the mind boggles, how do these people function!?!?!

Spot on, I swear some people just see money and nothing else.

I had a huge row with a blue on twitter about James & his daughter and how had not seen her for over a year....that must be hard etc, working away....this fella would not have it all all, things like "if he loved her that much, why move away from Colombia for work"......."Why doesnt he just move her here with all his money"............all the while having a photo of him and his son with "My son IS my world" on his bio....the mind boggles, how do these people function!?!?!
My heart pumps purple urine for them - film stars wages on longer contracts than a film star for a major film...... IMO sky needs to go bust to get back to basics .....

Footballer loves his kids just as much as a Carpenter, all what you have said is irrelivant.

Its a job, he is not a blue, scouser or even English. He has professional duty to kick a ball around, thats it.

Life is much much more important.

I stopped going watching us becasue of work, because that and my family are more important.
But no one pays you astronomically much to watch Everton play matches. Your job pays you, and you prioritize it. If you had given priority to being with your child over work, even how much you love your child, you would have been fired. That's how the world works, love is not an argument. Many actually have to prioritize work over their family. The alternative is to live in extreme poverty. Love does not bring food to the table.

Mina's salary could help many fathers spend more time with their children. This does not mean that Mina should not prioritize birth, but the fact is that Mina lives in a fantasy world and can in no way be compared to the average man.

Anyway, I hope EFC soon manages to get rid of Mina. He is all too often injured, and is also not a very good football player. I also do not consider him part of the EFC squad, too unreliable.

We've got a 50%-ish win ratio when he plays and a 30%~ ratio when he doesn't

he is easily our best CB , seemingly a positive presence in the squad , and can chip in with a goal or two from headers

but yeah let's sell him

he is easily our best CB , seemingly a positive presence in the squad , and can chip in with a goal or two from headers

but yeah let's sell him
I agree with your points, but he just can’t stay fit. Plus not hard being our best centre back with the competition we have at the back. Does seem a nice fit around the squad and the club. Wished he could just stay fit. Don’t mind missing a few games, but he goes missing for 5-6 games with a little knock. If we had a better squad then we could get away with it. But the fact he is so important to us at the back, yet can’t stay fit for a god run of games, we can’t have that. It’s shame because I think he is a top defender when fully fit and on it.

Well said, Brett! I was about to respond but you have said a lot of what I had in mind. But I will also add @Egil Olsen that no every women’s vagina ruptures, and no all babies are born covert in blood, urine and poop. I imagine you are yet to be a parent thus the nonsense you are posting at the moment. There is a lot more to child birth than that! And whether is a footballer, or a carpenter, every lad should have the privilege to be with their ladies during that precious time.

but yeah let's sell him
I do not put much in this win ratio. Something of the same was said about Richarlison last year as well. I also think something similar was said about Hibbert.

There is a difference between being a good football player and a very good football player. Mina is of course a good football player, but he is not so good that all the injuries can be justified.

I think EFC needs to clean up the squad, and players like Mina have no future in the club if we are to develop. I was also surprised when I found an interview with him just before he signed for EFC, where he stated:

"I want to play for a team where there is less pressure and where I can have minutes".

I understand in part what he means, but at the same time we can not have players who are terrified of pressure and demands from the environment. We already have some other players with the same mentality problem.

but yeah let's sell him
Those stats would mean a lot more if he played the odd game of togger now and then. I like him, but he's far too unreliable for the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.