2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard for some to get it, but being a football is just a job, being a father, husband and being alive and healthy is actual real life.

Congrats to him, its brilliant having kids, truly magical and no job on earth would stop me being at the birth of my children.

But, they do turn into bad bellhends, so it does level out.
It is a job / hobby that gives them quite a paycheck, so well paid that they can live in luxury for the rest of their lives. They enjoy all the benefits of life in first class, eat, drink, travel, [Poor language removed], etc., whoever they want. They are almost never held accountable for anything either. Mostly they have time off during the day, except for a few hours of exercise.

So comparing football pros with carpenters. plumbers, etc., meaning that it's just a job, is completely hopeless. I fully understand that the carpenter wants to see that his wife's vagina ruptures, and thus get a break from the working day. There is nothing more touching than watching your offspring be covered in your wife's blood, urine and poop.

But a football professional should first and foremost prioritize what allows him to spend far more hours with his child than a carpenter, and what allows him to go on the best vacations with the family, buy the biggest house, the fastest cars, and to send their kids to the best educational institutions. If not, maybe he should become a carpenter?

It is a job / hobby that gives them quite a paycheck, so well paid that they can live in luxury for the rest of their lives. They enjoy all the benefits of life in first class, eat, drink, travel, [Poor language removed], etc., whoever they want. They are almost never held accountable for anything either. Mostly they have time off during the day, except for a few hours of exercise.

So comparing football pros with carpenters. plumbers, etc., meaning that it's just a job, is completely hopeless. I fully understand that the carpenter wants to see that his wife's vagina ruptures, and thus get a break from the working day. There is nothing more touching than watching your offspring be covered in your wife's blood, urine and poop.

But a football professional should first and foremost prioritize what allows him to spend far more hours with his child than a carpenter, and what allows him to go on the best vacations with the family, buy the biggest house, the fastest cars, and to send their kids to the best educational institutions. If not, maybe he should become a carpenter?
I know a lot of people won't but I agree with you there and it's not just football it's common practice for well paid executives in business too it's just accepted that as well as getting all the benefits and money that come with being a high flyer you also have to sacrifice some things that your shop floor workers will get.

Doubt thats true

Doubt thats true
A carpenter works about 40 hours a week. While a football player trains about 3-5 hours a day, that means between 21-35 hours a week. Our players are mostly injured, or do not bother to play, so here it may be rehabilitation 7 times a week. These professionals and families hardly spend much time on housework, and other practical chores. They usually have 3-5 weeks holiday each season - much like the carpenter. But the carpenter usually has to work for 40-50 years, 40 hours a week, while a professional football player can work for 10 years, 21-35 hours a week.

A carpenter works about 40 hours a week. While a football player trains about 3-5 hours a day, that means between 21-35 hours a week. Our players are mostly injured, or do not bother to play, so here it may be rehabilitation 7 times a week. These professionals and families hardly spend much time on housework, and other practical chores. They usually have 3-5 weeks holiday each season - much like the carpenter. But the carpenter usually has to work for 40-50 years, 40 hours a week, while a professional football player can work for 10 years, 21-35 hours a week.
If your a good footballer, you play 2 games a week, so there is a lot of traveling, hotel stays all over europe, plus factor in international duty! Plus if its a world cup or euro's year you can have up to 2 months away from home!

And then retire at 35 (or younger, if they're frugal enough to live on just the seven figures).

If your a good footballer, you play 2 games a week, so there is a lot of traveling, hotel stays all over europe, plus factor in international duty! Plus if its a world cup or euro's year you can have up to 2 months away from home!
Absolutely no obligation to play international football, if they want to spend more time with their family instead..

What rambling nonsense is this? I bet you're one of those who thinks rich people are immune from depression, as well?

Absolutely nobody gets to dictate to this man what he should or shouldn't prioritise over the birth of his child. As an employee of the club he will have some provision for paternity leave; if he is deemed to have taken too much or defied the club's wishes (and his contractual obligation to them) then no doubt he will suffer consequences, almost certainly financial. What he has earned in the past has no bearing on where he prioritises such a monumental life event.

What rambling nonsense is this? I bet you're one of those who thinks rich people are immune from depression, as well?

Absolutely nobody gets to dictate to this man what he should or shouldn't prioritise over the birth of his child. As an employee of the club he will have some provision for paternity leave; if he is deemed to have taken too much or defied the club's wishes (and his contractual obligation to them) then no doubt he will suffer consequences, almost certainly financial. What he has earned in the past has no bearing on where he prioritises such a monumental life event.
You're right that we don't get to tell him what to do but I don't think the poster was doing that just saying that people will have an opinion on it and its not the same as someone on minimum wage doing the same thing. I think he's right myself. If Mina wanted to take 8 weeks paternity leave and the club didn't have a problem with it then that's great but he isn't going to get a huge amount of good will from fans if we're in relegation trouble and he's able to play but choosing not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.