Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we might be only three points ahead of it by 4 o’ clock, Dom.

(the reality is it will probably be five points or seven as I don’t think Burnley will beat Spurs and we should take a point at Bees)

But with two “expected losses” to come in the next eight days there is zero room for complacency no matter what happens today.

The portents for a happy Christmas for Evertonians are not good.

And personally, I think it better to “panic” about possible relegation in November so as to address the problem whilst there is time rather than wait until being in the relegation places in March when it would almost certainly be too late.

It is a policy that served us well when Koeman and Silva had us in freefall in recent Novembers.

But…..it is getting near kick off time and as always with me, an irrational exuberance and flood of optimism engulfs me ?

So I am going with you on this and thinking the gap will be nine points.

COYBB :dance:

I was far more negative during the Koeman and Silva seasons as we had absolutely nothing about us whatsoever. No fight, no organisation, absolutely nothing.

This is different in that we’ve already played well a few times this season. It was only two games ago we put up a very committed performance against Spurs. There’s been some very poor spells of football against Watford and Wolves, and some avergae football, and some decent football which is probably what I’d expect from a squad like ours getting used to a new manager who was parachuted in. What then hit us is an injury crisis (getting a tiny bit better now) which probably cost us points against West Ham, Watford and maybe Spurs. We’re a bit behind where we might like to be but the relegation alarm bells just aren’t going off yet for me in the same way they were under Koeman when we looked like we didn’t even have a single player who could run, or Silva when it was just a shambles

I was far more negative during the Koeman and Silva seasons as we had absolutely nothing about us whatsoever. No fight, no organisation, absolutely nothing.

This is different in that we’ve already played well a few times this season. It was only two games ago we put up a very committed performance against Spurs. There’s been some very poor spells of football against Watford and Wolves, and some avergae football, and some decent football which is probably what I’d expect from a squad like ours getting used to a new manager who was parachuted in. What then hit us is an injury crisis (getting a tiny bit better now) which probably cost us points against West Ham, Watford and maybe Spurs. We’re a bit behind where we might like to be but the relegation alarm bells just aren’t going off yet for me in the same way they were under Koeman when we looked like we didn’t even have a single player who could run, or Silva when it was just a shambles

It is a shambles now, Dom.

As bad as owt we saw under Koeman and Silva.

"

Having watched that 1st half I think we are in massive trouble...... especially with the next 4 games which we wouldn`t win with a full strength team....

Having watched that 1st half I think we are in massive trouble...... especially with the next 4 games which we wouldn`t win with a full strength team....
As I said in the match thread, take a look at our finishing fixtures, if we are needing points for safety in April/May we are in a world of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.