Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being in the top division for most seasons is a proud achievement but it does bring its negatives. Take the PL for example, we are with a handful of ever presents but we have not been bad enough to go down (hung on by our finger nails twice) but we have also been bog average. What this brings to us is unwanted records such as (top of my head so cannot clarify) most PL defeats, most PL goals conceded. I know what the twisting of stats brings when we play the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd etc with the commentators taking glee in informing us that Arsenal have scored more goals against us in the PL than anyone else, that Tottenham have taken more points form us than anyone else etc etc. Being an ever present average PL team brings its negatives alright.

Im a positive person thats why.

All the bedwetters would probably burn their season tickets and cry they aint supporting us anymore if we ever went down whereas I look at the positives of every situation:

Cheaper Tickets
Proper away days
No VAR
Clearing the decks of crap
Likely new chairman / board
Signing players with a point to prove who have fight in them
Playing in a competitive league where about 10 different clubs can all win it on their day.

Thats not me saying I want to go down - thats me saying I honestly couldn't care less as my life wouldnt change and Everton FC will still be here.
Explains a lot, tbh. Why stop at the Championship? It would be a lot cheaper in the North West Counties league and you can have a beer in your seat during the match.

Maybe in the 90's but with a billionaire owner, Russian Oligarch sponser and a soon to be 53k seater stadium there is no chance. You could argue we would fall foul of the EFL version of FFP but after this season a lot of big earners are off the books and we would actually rid ourselves of a lot of crap happy sitting on their wages here.

it hasn't ruined WBA, Norwich, Fulham who go up and back down every single season - Fulham spent over £100 million then went straight down.
Well we (WBA) lasted about 9 seasons in the Prem last but one time we were there but only once last year, unfortunately our Chinese Chairmen refuses to put any money into the club so we have to rely on loans, but you have to invest heavy to survive, at least your chairman has money and its only FFP stopping you spending it. You won't come down, you may struggle because of injuries but feel you have nothing to worry about

But why does it matter who we play?

I dont get the small time mentality some have of it being some kind of success or trophy that we get to watch us get tonked 3-0/4-0 every season at Stamford Bridge, The Etihad, Analfield etc.

Again Im not saying I want us to go down, im just saying unless you're winning stuff (which we aint) I couldn't care less what league we are making the numbers up in.

Cant get any simpler than that - if people rather us make the numbers up playing West Ham over Fulham then fair enough I wouldn't be bothered tbh.
And spend the next twenty plus years, being another Sheffield Wednesday instead? Get off the stage lad!

There are clear published rules we are massively in breach of. I don't know what people don't understand about that.

Who says were "in breach of clear published rules"...

...im not sure how thats possible to calculate until the next accounts are revealed because no matter how much calculating anyone does its impossible to know + we will have claimed against covid.

If we were in breach then it wouldnt be enough that we could simply sell a player for £80mil ? That is shown on our accounts (for profit and sustainability) immediately rather than over the course of a players contract.

Thats basically £400mil worth of transfer fees which would equate to an £80mil sale.

Are you suggesting we have over £400mil on the books in transfer payments / £80mil a season?

Id like to see your calculations.

I just had a nightmare we got sent down this season. Subconsciously this is how I feel. Never even felt it with Silva being the Championship manager that he is. How have we got ourselves into this position? 2 years ago we hired Carlo Ancelotti ffs.

Why would you be bothered mate? Why is being in the top flight a badge of honour? No one gives a toss - I've never sang at the match "WE'RE A TOP FLIGHT TEAM WOOHAAHHH" its a nonsense badge of honour that clubs like Stoke hold onto when they come up for a few years.

All I care about is trophies and titles - if we aint winning either then I dont care what league we are making the numbers up in - Premier League, Championship, heck dump us in the SPL and I'll still follow the club.

Dont be angry about relegation battles be angry how the powers that be have turned us into a club that isnt and likely wont be winning anything for a long long time.
Hating it when Everton where at the top of the league this time last year.

Loving the fracture that appointing Benitez has caused.

Wanting Everton to get relegated.

Comparing Everton to Stoke.

Are you a false blue kopite, a blue kopite or just a typical low life kopite pretending to be a blue?

I have supported Everton all my life through thick and thin, but mostly thin, and this period is amongst the worst.

I can’t ever remember the infighting being as bad, or feeling so trapped by the system. The truth is that we have been financially left behind and have expectations that can never be met.

I am exhausted by it all and now look to the end. It’s like waiting by a hospital bed for a loved one to pass away. I just want it to be over.

Back in the painful 90's my eye was usually drawn to the bottom of the league, calculating our survival against the likes of Stoke, Bolton, Ipswich etc. Hard to take in, after about a Half Billion squad injection, that I'm back in 90's mode FFS!!!

I have supported Everton all my life through thick and thin, but mostly thin, and this period is amongst the worst.

I can’t ever remember the infighting being as bad, or feeling so trapped by the system. The truth is that we have been financially left behind and have expectations that can never be met.

I am exhausted by it all and now look to the end. It’s like waiting by a hospital bed for a loved one to pass away. I just want it to be over.

100% and sadly some dont realise that the worst thing possible is being a mid table club because you have no ups and downs as a supporter which is the whole actual purpose of football!

Getting beat or winning Man City isn't and up or down - winning a title is an up, losing a cup final is a down, getting relegated is a down but winning a play off final is an up.

Rollarcoaster of emotions, days oot at wembley with the kids etc thats what football is about.

But sadly some believe us sitting 8th-14th every season existing only to pick up the TV money to pay Alex Iwobi's extortionate wages is worth it becuz we have top flight badge doh m8!

Unless you're winning stuff doesn't matter what league you're in - I'll support and follow us wherever we play.

We're a stagnant club atm and that aint changing anytime soon - death by a thousand cuts.

100% and sadly some dont realise that the worst thing possible is being a mid table club because you have no ups and downs as a supporter which is the whole actual purpose of football!

Getting beat or winning Man City isn't and up or down - winning a title is an up, losing a cup final is a down, getting relegated is a down but winning a play off final is an up.

Rollarcoaster of emotions, days oot at wembley thats what football is about.

But sadly some believe us sitting 8th-14th every season existing only to pick up the TV money to pay Alex Iwobi's extortionate wages is worth it becuz we have top flight badge doh m8!

Unless you're winning stuff doesn't matter what league you're in unless you're a teleclapper / Sky fanboy - I'll support and follow us wherever we play.

We're a stagnant club atm and that aint changing anytime soon - death by a thousand cuts.

The only teams that get a “day out at Wembley” in the Championship are teams that go through the playoffs, would you rather do that than go up safely and comfortably as league winners?

Status
Not open for further replies.