Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This club has lost, so much of it's prestige and standing over the last 34 years. Being the club with most seasons played in the top flight, is the only thing about us, that is still of relevance to the modern football world. Yet some so called Blues want us to lose that? Go back to rawk you kopite wums!

Today's results saw 5 bottom half sides gather a total of 5 points between them. Over recent seasons that's typical of what would be expected for relegation fighters. We have a 6pt gap between us and the relegation places. In this light, that's quite a margin. Put another way, from where we stand at the moment we're likely to need as few as 6 wins and a few draws from the remaining 26 fixtures to survive. Disgraceful that we find ourselves worrying about relegation I know, and if matters don't improve any that could still happen. But by the same token just a modicum of improvement from now on in should be enough. And that improvement will hopefully come from injury free returns of Calvert-Lewin and Doucoure (albeit a sound dip in the transfer market would make it a less fretful ride).

Yes mate, can’t wait to be playing
Blackpool, Barnsley, Charlton, Preston, Huddersfield and Hull.
Bring it on ffs.

But why does it matter who we play?

I dont get the small time mentality some have of it being some kind of success or trophy that we get to watch us get tonked 3-0/4-0 every season at Stamford Bridge, The Etihad, Analfield etc.

Again Im not saying I want us to go down, im just saying unless you're winning stuff (which we aint) I couldn't care less what league we are making the numbers up in.

Cant get any simpler than that - if people rather us make the numbers up playing West Ham over Fulham then fair enough I wouldn't be bothered tbh.

I dont get the small time mentality some have of it being some kind of success or trophy that we get to watch us get tonked 3-0/4-0 every season at Stamford Bridge, The Etihad, Analfield etc.

Again Im not saying I want us to go down, im just saying unless you're winning stuff (which we aint) I couldn't care less what league we are making the numbers up in.

Cant get any simpler than that - if people rather us make the numbers up playing West Ham over Fulham then fair enough I wouldn't be bothered tbh.
Come on lad literally saying you don’t get the small time mentality. when your the one chatting about not bothered with Everton been in the lower leagues.

Come on lad literally saying you don’t get the small time mentality. when your the one chatting about not bothered with Everton been in the lower leagues.

Why would you be bothered mate? Why is being in the top flight a badge of honour? No one gives a toss - I've never sang at the match "WE'RE A TOP FLIGHT TEAM WOOHAAHHH" its a nonsense badge of honour that clubs like Stoke hold onto when they come up for a few years.

All I care about is trophies and titles - if we aint winning either then I dont care what league we are making the numbers up in - Premier League, Championship, heck dump us in the SPL and I'll still follow the club.

Dont be angry about relegation battles be angry how the powers that be have turned us into a club that isnt and likely wont be winning anything for a long long time.

Why would you be bothered mate? Why is being in the top flight a badge of honour? No one gives a toss - I've never sang at the match "WE'RE A TOP FLIGHT TEAM WOOHAAHHH" its a nonsense badge of honour that clubs like Stoke hold onto when they come up for a few years.

All I care about is trophies and titles - if we aint winning either then I dont care what league we are making the numbers up in - Premier League, Championship, heck dump us in the SPL and I'll still follow the club.

Dont be angry about relegation battles be angry how the powers that be have turned us into a club that isnt and likely wont be winning anything for a long long time.
Despite what you think, I can assure you Moshiri and the board have a completely different viewpoint - staying in the premier league has very definite financial implications and I’m afraid no amount of that kind counter intuitive thinking is going to save the kopite mess from the sack.

When did you start this Championship mentality? Maybe when Benitez, who can do no wrong took over?

I would rather be a crap top flight team than get relegated

I'm not sure the club would ever recover from relegation. It would be a disaster

…amazing but not surprising given your adoration of Benitez.

I was sick to the stomach when we went close to going down, I remember Brian Labone walking on his own along Goodison Rd before the final whistle against Coventry because the thought of being relegated was too much for him. I’m on record as saying I wouldn’t wish it upon any club except one.

i doubt many Evertonians are as blasé about going down as you.

I’ll never forget the feeling of utter despair when the second Wimbledon goal went in either.

Anyone who welcomes relegation is not an Evertonian.

If that makes me a Blue Geordie so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.