Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB92 kind of has a point though, doesn't he?! - Don't get me wrong, never in a million years do I want to see this club relegated, certainly not under any/present circumstances when it would lead to absolute armageddon, and as one of the most successful clubs in the country we "should be" in the top tier aiming for the top table, not enjoying a trip to Scunthorpe in the Papa Johns John Paint Cup Shield thingee - that would be soul destorying. But by the same token, we're really just watching one cluster of assembled multi-millionaires kick a ball against another cluster of multi-millionaires, none of who really give two fuchs about me or you or the club. Richy can pat the badge every game and DCL can say all the right things on Sky, but if PSG and City come in for them with double-ya-money offers this summer, they're off because EFC's success is not remotely important to them beyond their own career aspirations. I'm delighted if we win and gutted if we lose, but bar a few hours after the match either way, I can't say I allow a bunch of ball-kicking millionaires to dictate my week when half of them couldn't care less who it is they happen to be contracted to.
Everton are a historical giant, one of the true great clubs of English football. We have an opportunity to restore the imbalance of the modern game with Moshiri and Usmanov's billions - and the new ground will be a part of this. The problem is that the board have not got things right to this point. Thoughts should be on getting things right, not upon getting relegated as a positive. A relegated Everton would not need to move from Goodison and would find it almost impossible to come back from such a catastrophe. Only a Kopite would want this for Everton in my eyes. A true blue would be looking for ways, to coin a phrase, to make Everton great again.

….sounds like footy isn’t for you then, Matey, which is fair enough.
Why? Because I'm not suicidal if our 11 millionaires capitulate against Watford's 11 millionaires?! Or because I don't let what a yacht-sailing Monaco billionaire might do or might not do dictate my every weekend?! I 1000% want this club to be successful, I'm livid at the monumental failures over the last few years, and I would be utterly devesated if we got relegated (it would be total armageddon, not "we'll be back in a jiffy"), but I'm not consumed to the Nth degree by those things. I'm not drowning my sorrorws for days on end every week because Rondon misses a sitter or because Iwobi is legitimately worse than a sack of spuds. I've more pressing matters in my life to get on with. I love the club and love the game, I want us to be successful and can't bare the thought of relegation, but I'm not losing sleep over it, whatever happens. The club and the players certainly aren't paying my bills.

Everton are a historical giant, one of the true great clubs of English football. We have an opportunity to restore the imbalance of the modern game with Moshiri and Usmanov's billions - and the new ground will be a part of this. The problem is that the board have not got things right to this point. Thoughts should be on getting things right, not upon getting relegated as a positive. A relegated Everton would not need to move from Goodison and would find it almost impossible to come back from such a catastrophe. Only a Kopite would want this for Everton in my eyes. A true blue would be looking for ways, to coin a phrase, to make Everton great again.
I agree - I've said multiple times in no way shape or form do I want this club to go down, and end up doing a Leeds or Sunderland or Pompey or Bolton. I don't believe for a second we'd be back in a year, it would be total ruin and may never be recovered from. I've also said I like to think IF Mosh can start getting things right we're not that far away from looking to be in the European spots without looking over our shoulder at mid-table. My point was about being passionate about a club but at the same time recognising our "sports players" are just professionally employed people. They don't care about the club, they care about their career and pay check. They just happen to be at EFC and many are just passing through. That's what I can't get too invested in, whilst not wanting the club to suffer because of it.

Why? Because I'm not suicidal if our 11 millionaires capitulate against Watford's 11 millionaires?! Or because I don't let what a yacht-sailing Monaco billionaire might do or might not do dictate my every weekend?! I 1000% want this club to be successful, I'm livid at the monumental failures over the last few years, and I would be utterly devesated if we got relegated (it would be total armageddon, not "we'll be back in a jiffy"), but I'm not consumed to the Nth degree by those things. I'm not drowning my sorrorws for days on end every week because Rondon misses a sitter or because Iwobi is legitimately worse than a sack of spuds. I've more pressing matters in my life to get on with. I love the club and love the game, I want us to be successful and can't bare the thought of relegation, but I'm not losing sleep over it, whatever happens. The club and the players certainly aren't paying my bills.
Who were you in your previous guise here ?

Mathematically it is possible but realistically I do not think so. Norwich is almost sure to go down. Newcastle can throw money in January but I'm not sure it's going to be enough as they will need at least 3 or 4 good players and not many clubs and players will be interested. Burnley almost certain to be one of the candidates. Then you have Southampton, Brentford and Watford who will be in the mix. That's at least 6 teams who are worse than Everton. Leeds and Leicester have enough quality so should be safe although Leeds have a chance if results dont improve soon. Crystal Palace and Brighton I feel is in abit of a false position and might get pulled in if they start having a poor run.

If we win tomorrow we go 8th as it stands, a defeat and we can potentially slide down a few places and if Burnley beat Spurs we will be 3 points from the drop zone...

As it stands with Brighton and Leeds currently playing

Who were you in your previous guise here ?
No one. I found this forum a few months back on the back of Moshiri making the worst appointment he possibly could, read a lot as a guest, saw the passion of the contributors, saw there were a great many people who love the club as I do, and decide to join hoping take part in the conversations as and when I'm able to. I wasn't aware there was a binary mandate that says 'EFC must be the absolute single most important thing in your life or not welcome'. As I've said a number of times: I want us to be successful, I want us to win, I want to be looking up, I want us to stop cocking things up every year, I want us to have a real plan to reach of Europe if we're going to be mid-table, not just plodding along looking over our shoulder for 3 other teams. I absolutely would not want relegation at all no matter how many managers we have to cycle through or how many FFP fines we get. I 100% disagree with FB92 when he says there would be positives in it. I see armageddon. Beating Luton to the League One title in 2025 just to pick up silverware for the first time in 30 years is not a positive for me.

But I also recognise the owner and manager and players who currently represent the shirt and the badge we love don't actually give two bleeps about any of us. Not really. Because it's business to them. They'd all be off in a heart beat if they had better offers elsewhere (wouldn't you in your industry?). So whilst I can be bleeping gutted and royally piddled off at pathetic performances and defeats one after another from a crap squad who don't deserve to wear the shirt and has-been manager who shouldn't be representing it, I'm also not going to go home and punch the wall when I know full well (a) there's nothing I can do to change it unless I get a time machine for xmas, and (b) within 1 hour of said pathetic performance and defeat most of those involved will shrugg their shoulders, hop in their bentleys and ferraris, drive home to their £5m mansion to get pleasured by some "instagram model" whilst they wonder what to spend this weeks £100k on without a care in the world. My apologies if I'm required to lose sleep over that.

No one. I found this forum a few months back on the back of Moshiri making the worst appointment he possibly could, read a lot as a guest, saw the passion of the contributors, saw there were a great many people who love the club as I do, and decide to join hoping take part in the conversations as and when I'm able to. I wasn't aware there was a binary mandate that says 'EFC must be the absolute single most important thing in your life or not welcome'. As I've said a number of times: I want us to be successful, I want us to win, I want to be looking up, I want us to stop cocking things up every year, I want us to have a real plan to reach of Europe if we're going to be mid-table, not just plodding along looking over our shoulder for 3 other teams. I absolutely would not want relegation at all no matter how many managers we have to cycle through or how many FFP fines we get. I 100% disagree with FB92 when he says there would be positives in it. I see armageddon. Beating Luton to the League One title in 2025 just to pick up silverware for the first time in 30 years is not a positive for me.

But I also recognise the owner and manager and players who currently represent the shirt and the badge we love don't actually give two bleeps about any of us. Not really. Because it's business to them. They'd all be off in a heart beat if they had better offers elsewhere (wouldn't you in your industry?). So whilst I can be bleeping gutted and royally piddled off at pathetic performances and defeats one after another from a crap squad who don't deserve to wear the shirt and has-been manager who shouldn't be representing it, I'm also not going to go home and punch the wall when I know full well (a) there's nothing I can do to change it unless I get a time machine for xmas, and (b) within 1 hour of said pathetic performance and defeat most of those involved will shrugg their shoulders, hop in their bentleys and ferraris, drive home to their £5m mansion to get pleasured by some "instagram model" whilst they wonder what to spend this weeks £100k on without a care in the world. My apologies if I'm required to lose sleep over that.
The first two words would have done!

Status
Not open for further replies.