How long has Rafael got left?

How long do you think Senor Benitez will be in the Everton hotseat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was and remain anti-Benitez, pro-Everton since day 1 of Benitez period, I won't call it an era, as I doubt he will be around for long. I have promised on this forum, I won't react negatively to Benitez till he is an Everton manager, but I won't go gaga over him as well. I think, I have been able to hold on to that promise rather tenuously at times. I want Everton to do good, and if that means Benitez does good by extension, I have problem with that, I will still not be pro-Benitez in foreseeable future.

As an Everton manager, I think he should be given a season to gauge if he really can make a difference, but if things are same as they were, I would be shouting with rest, to get him out of the club. Till then I hold my peace (With difficulty to be honest)

Personally I hope he stays. It couid be wishful thinking on my part, but I feel he will ruffle a few feathers, which long term could be a good thing. With him being the owners man against, the majority of fans and probably the board, will massively go in his favour.

He’s talked about the ambitious owners, last week it was the owner and sponsor.
If he’s gone in 2 years I hope there been a shake up of the academy, Unsworth and few others gone. And of the board DBB gone. I would say kenwright too, but there’s no way he goes before the stadium is built, will all know he will be cutting the ribbon
Praising ambitious owners and the like is par for the course, pretty sure every manager who gets hired by them does that. As for ruffling feathers, how do you mean? We're 1/3 of the season in and so far he's got rid of 1 physio or fitness coach (I forget which the title was), and I expect he'd have had to get the sign-off from Brands or Moshiri to do that. In one breath he gives PR media soundbites praising ambitious owners, and in the next he's saying we just have to wait for the 2nd half of the season before we can expect to get going. Not sure I see as much feather ruffling as I do deflection, let alone how many execs above him particularly want feathers being ruffled on a currently very precarious ship.

Of course the Benitez haters will be peddling ‘the next 2 games are crucial” stance because they smell blood. - Ironically because they know it’s an almost impossible situation.
A point at Brentford at the moment wouldn’t be a disaster.
Depends on the results after that though. If there's a run of losses right up to Burnley (A) on the 26th -which isn't a far fetched scenario- I highly doubt 1 point in a month would be enough to keep Rafael in the job.

while the board continue the practices that have us spiraling toward liquidation.
Are we actually spiraling towards liquidation though? There's been next to no spend this summer because the club have chosen to be compliant with FFP rules (which may or may not be worth the paper they're written on) instead of going down the Man City route of "we'll spend what we want, inflate our books and our army of elite sports lawyers will slap you around court if you want to fight about it". No doubt £400m has been utterly wasted over the last few years, but there's a difference between the club being on the brink of financial ruin and it voluntarily chosing to play by the binary made-up rule of X = compliant, Y = non compliant.

Personally, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Moshiri was happy to use the FFP situation to save face. I wouldn't want another £400m of my money wasted, so he might be closing the purse strings until BMD, but still gets to make the right noises about "hey, I'd spend a hundred mil if I could, but these darn rules just wont let me do it".

Status
Not open for further replies.