Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I asked him what he wanted to do after and we are going for chicken nuggets and chips at the curry house followed my a trip to the sweet shop. I've not been this excited about a birthday for years.
Your post just made me smile mate. Whatever else is going on in your life can't spoil that special bond with your son.

Have a fantastic birthday with your son.

I just booked for us to go horse riding in the mountains. He'll love it and no better birthday present then seeing him smiling
Make sure you get plenty of photo’s of your little best mate smiling, they’ll buck you up on bad days and make them seem a lot better, best of luck to both of you,you’ll make each other happy.

Anytime mate. We all have our moments especially at night and I’m often on at late hours compared to Europe timezone - if you ever want someone to talk to just tag me.

The horse-riding trip with your son sounds a great birthday plan, hope you both have a wonderful time x
You're one of the good ones Legs. In fairness, there's quite a few in here.

A horse ride sounds much better than a pillow fight ;) Good job planning something fun for you and your son to do to celebrate your birthday. Riding horses will be a nice experience with your son. And being outside enjoying the beauty of the mountains and breathing some fresh air, hopefully will help lift your spirits too.
Think I'd go for the pillow fight personally :)

thanks mate. I forgot to mention we are having fish finger sandwiches for breakfast. ( with crusts cut off of course)
Didn't realise fish fingers had crusts mate. lol

Seriously though, enjoy your birthday. It sounds as though you need it and you certainly deserve a good one. I don't have any kids myself but any shared time with loved ones is precious and needs to be treasured.