Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% Richy and DCL will be wanting to move on/up, and I'd be amazed if one let alone both were here next season. Can see Richy replacing Mbappe at PSG if his pal Neymar wants it so, and City might just get a home-grown No9 they apparently need. (Wouldn't surprise me if DCL went in January tbh).
Tbh I’m not overly fussed if we lose both, with the mess FFP has left us in (was it invented just to hold us back, as it doesn’t seem to have effected any other team that much ) selling those would give us big money and sort that issue out. Obviously it’s not ideal to sell our best players, but I feel it’s the only way as we need to get back to square one and start to build a team of hungry younger players. But unfortunately we might have to sell 2 of our youngest top players to do that. Annoying as I believe Moshiri is willing to spend but isn’t really allowed to under current circumstances.

Tbh I’m not overly fussed if we lose both, with the mess FFP has left us in (was it invented just to hold us back, as it doesn’t seem to have effected any other team that much ) selling those would give us big money and sort that issue out. Obviously it’s not ideal to sell our best players, but I feel it’s the only way as we need to get back to square one and start to build a team of hungry younger players. But unfortunately we might have to sell 2 of our youngest top players to do that. Annoying as I believe Moshiri is willing to spend but isn’t really allowed to under current circumstances.
I'm in agreement. I can see the club thinking if they can get ~£140m for those two, they'll move on and up to UCL level teams and have a bit of a warchest to go again - not that I trust anyone at this club to reinvest those kind of funds! Rafael will sign Longstaff and the least rubbish Newcastle CB, Moshiri will sign the Greek Joelinton because Jim White recommended him from a youtube video, Kenright will be on the phone to Barkley, and Brands will spend 3 months in Florida "scouting", only to sign no one.

As for FFP, it seems Moshiri is just choosing to abide by rules that might not stand up to any real legal test, as seems to be the case in Europe. City have found clever ways to get around all that, you'd think a billionaire accountant would know a trick or too?!

Funny thing is that @Theoneandonly firmly believes that:

A: Ancelotti signed all players last summer (when we know from interviews he requested Allan and James only)

B: Brands is blaming Ancelotti for signing players that he himself signed

C: The board are blaming Ancelotti for contracts that he never negotiated

its an alternate reality lol

Digne only recently extended and must be wondering why hes being asked to negate his own strengths at his peak of 28 years old.

The funny thing is that Nkounkou (and Small before) is also an attacking full back.

Is Benitez going to sign a right back who solely defends? Aaron Wan-Bissaka perhaps?

We may as well sell Digne if Benitez isnt going to play to his strengths.

We would need £50-60mil to sign someone like Pau Torres or Kounde who are destined for top clubs.

Slightly less would get us Tapsoba, Bastoni or Badiashile if we could convince them to join.

Its highly unlikely we could get a like for like quality replacement even if we sold Mina for £40-50mil.

Where we are in reality is that Mina is earning £100k+ a week. Hes injury prone so the £50mil value could drop to £35mil and then you have only 18months ish left on a contract you could say £20mil is the fee.

If we cant get Mina to extend then surely someone would give us £35mil+ for Keane, Holgate and Mina.

If we could bring that in then sign one potential superstar u21 player who has the quality to come in from day one -- like Fofana at Leicester.

Go with them + Godfrey + Branthwaite and have Welch as an emergency 4th choice.

Rebuild with these younger players...

Alternatively, still sell those 3 for £35mil+ and go for Romagnoli, Ginter, Sule on frees.

None of those players are coming to play for Benitez.

I'm kind of hopeing that were going to start focusing on bringing in young talent and developing them over the next couple of seasons till the stadium is built.

It looks like to me that the club is just happy to exist till the stadium is built then I'd imagine Moshiri will try to sell us on. Just hope he sells us to someone who actually has a desire to move the club forward and get rid of the wasters and the poor mentality that runs through the club.
We won't be doing that. This summer our five signings had a combined age of about 300. This is Everton, we never learn our lesson.

I'm in agreement. I can see the club thinking if they can get ~£140m for those two, they'll move on and up to UCL level teams and have a bit of a warchest to go again - not that I trust anyone at this club to reinvest those kind of funds! Rafael will sign Longstaff and the least rubbish Newcastle CB, Moshiri will sign the Greek Joelinton because Jim White recommended him from a youtube video, Kenright will be on the phone to Barkley, and Brands will spend 3 months in Florida "scouting", only to sign no one.

As for FFP, it seems Moshiri is just choosing to abide by rules that might not stand up to any real legal test, as seems to be the case in Europe. City have found clever ways to get around all that, you'd think a billionaire accountant would know a trick or too?!
Yes Moshiri needs to get his thinking cap on and work out ways to get around FFP, that’s if he’s still serious about taking us to the next level, which I believe he still is. We just need to get over this FFP hurdle first then have a proper strategy going forward, which we haven’t seemed to have had up to now. Gray and Townsend signings were a bit Leicester style good hard working players but not necessarily super star signings, also we have a few promising youngsters who should be given more of a go, but we’ve been staying that for years. Let’s hope things change sooner rather than later I think and hope January will be interesting.

Yes Moshiri needs to get his thinking cap on and work out ways to get around FFP, that’s if he’s still serious about taking us to the next level, which I believe he still is. We just need to get over this FFP hurdle first then have a proper strategy going forward, which we haven’t seemed to have had up to now. Gray and Townsend signings were a bit Leicester style good hard working players but not necessarily super star signings, also we have a few promising youngsters who should be given more of a go, but we’ve been staying that for years. Let’s hope things change sooner rather than later I think and hope January will be interesting.
I certainly hope Moshiri is still serious, I'd like to think so, otherwise the alternative is this FFP cant spend thing is a very convinient excuse for Moshiri to close the purse strings whilst making all the right noises about "I'm still committed". If £400m of my money had been piddled up the wall with nothing to show for it, I'm not sure I'd be so keen on handing over another penny let alone another few hundred mil.

Top scorer in the Russian League..

(Though I think they say that about everyone in the Russian League.)

We can't lose Rich and Dom in one summer it's one at a time you know our recruitment is terrible having to replace two forwards in one window will be a monumental ask.

behave

With which bit?

The bit about maybe having to sell our 2 best players to reinvest in a rebuild because we haven't got a penny to spend? About not trusting anyone with that kind of cash not to waste it as per the last 4+ years of evidence? About multiple people at the club being involved in a mish-mash of transfers? Brands doing nothing? Moshiri chosing to play by FFP because maybe he doesn't want even more of his money wasted?...... Which bit is crazy talk?!

Status
Not open for further replies.