The future

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only chance of 'success' this club has is if they start taking the cup competitions seriously. Most clubs care more about ensuring the Prem riches keep coming in than they do about winning cups (how often do teams at the bottom of the Prem put out reserve squads against opposition because it doesn't matter who wins), because money IS 'success' in the modern game, and there's more money in finishing a few places higher than there is in lifting the "mickey mouse cup" or "three-handled tin pot". Most players would rather play in the UCL 6 games a year than win a League Cup. Sad reality is this club -regardless of who is in squad or the lack of quality- seems to have a mental block when playing in cup competitions and put in utter garbage performances and crash out time and time again, shrug their shoulders and act like it doesn't really matter. I know it's hard to compete with the likes of City buying trophies every year but Everton shouldn't be turning their noses up at potentially winable competitions (IF we get a lot of luck!).

But we live in the age of league position is all, so without another £500m+ spent --and spent wisely!!-- there's no chance of being a top 4 regular let alone winning league titles. Reality is we're a mid table team for the forseeable future. (Heck, even if we somehow did manage to recruit some top players instead of rubbish and somehow managed to have a Leicester miracle, they'd all be picked off by UCL clubs the next year anyway).

The only chance of 'success' this club has is if they start taking the cup competitions seriously. Most clubs care more about ensuring the Prem riches keep coming in than they do about winning cups (how often do teams at the bottom of the Prem put out reserve squads against opposition because it doesn't matter who wins), because money IS 'success' in the modern game, and there's more money in finishing a few places higher than there is in lifting the "mickey mouse cup" or "three-handled tin pot". Most players would rather play in the UCL 6 games a year than win a League Cup. Sad reality is this club -regardless of who is in squad or the lack of quality- seems to have a mental block when playing in cup competitions and put in utter garbage performances and crash out time and time again, shrug their shoulders and act like it doesn't really matter. I know it's hard to compete with the likes of City buying trophies every year but Everton shouldn't be turning their noses up at potentially winable competitions (IF we get a lot of luck!).

But we live in the age of league position is all, so without another £500m+ spent --and spent wisely!!-- there's no chance of being a top 4 regular let alone winning league titles. Reality is we're a mid table team for the forseeable future. (Heck, even if we somehow did manage to recruit some top players instead of rubbish and somehow managed to have a Leicester miracle, they'd all be picked off by UCL clubs the next year anyway).
That's it. We could/should have been there by now, but... we are not. Still, we are on a wisely spent 500m from there. We got everything else

Seen the success years, best memories or none memories was the ferry back from Holland after Rotterdam and going directly to London to get the treble against ManUre, didn't pan out but how can you be disappointed in just the double :)

Don't remember getting on a ferry to be honest, but an unbelievable time to be a blue

The day we signed alex iwobi was such a milestone for me. It told me the club was clueless. Possibly corrupt and those making decisions were not fit for purpose.
A signing that told me Everton had finaly given up.
You are spot on.the day the rumours started about Iwobi I said no chance then it was confirmed,then the price tag.I was shocked and like you say possible corruption you can’t be that clueless.him or his agent must have something on someone.the performances are even worse than I imagined.on a yacht in the med I read when the transfer came up he got back real quick.

I said that about 1997.....
E7LyH-dWEAAW7Q7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.