The future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having grown up watching title winning sides I am wondering if I am reading the situation correctly as time is moving on.We have money but can’t spend it.Wait for new stadium.Improve our ffp situation.Improve our squad from that point.This ain’t Macclesfield.Our owner is a billionaire who had to be approved to run the club but ffp stops us.So off top of my head that near 10yrs before anywhere near challenging.
I'd be wary of putting too much faith in the stadium to change things. It is undoubtedly going to be better than Goodison, but the point is it will still be a lesser stadium than Spurs, City, Arsenal, United, and West Ham have (in revenue terms), so we're not going to suddenly overtake those sides.

Liquidate the club it would be best for all concerned!
Pure clueless clowns from top to bottom

We will never challenge unless there is sweeping changes and there is no desire within the club to change this losing culture.

The stadium became priority and that's what they are interested in. It won't help us improve and I don't want to leave Goodison.

Never seen us win anything and don't think I ever will.

Was far to young for the 95 final.

Only city levels of investment will ever bridge the gap between the top clubs these days.

Having grown up watching title winning sides I am wondering if I am reading the situation correctly as time is moving on.We have money but can’t spend it.Wait for new stadium.Improve our ffp situation.Improve our squad from that point.This ain’t Macclesfield.Our owner is a billionaire who had to be approved to run the club but ffp stops us.So off top of my head that near 10yrs before anywhere near challenging.
Great Scott.

Seen us win loads, there was a big cap from 1970 till 84 but this is ridiculous from 95 to now.
I stopped going regularly a few seasons a go ,because it had just become a habit, wasn't enjoyable it , was fed up using holidays and giving up shifts to go to games at daft hours.
But to be honest I was fed up with the club it had lost its way, it was just this acceptance that we were plucky little Everton, and that stems from the top downwards , not to the fans, may I add which are the only big thing about the club .
I know it's unrealistic but in my head we should be having a go at everybody no matter what the others name where or how good they are, we have lost that and become a bit of a shithouse club on the pitch, it winds me up.
Was getting me down so decided to bin my season ticket I had held for decades.
Said it years a go we will never win a thing with kenwright around and will still stand by it
Don't wish him any harm but wish he would just walk away.
Realistically we should have had a touch of a cup at least in this time span, but even when we have got near one , I have never felt confident in winning it.
Think it will not happen for a few years yet , the way things are shaping.
The board needs reshaping , recruitment needs sorting , as does the squad, skill wise and mentality wise as well , to many not winners for my liking , how many truly give 100% on the pitch and don't crumble at the first set back .

I was still only 1 in 95, so unfortunately do not remember it

We've rarely been a good team but under Moyes at least I liked most of our players and felt like the team represented the values of the club. The team around 2009/2010 were very solid and with a little bit of investment, could have pushed on and became very competitive. Unfortunately the chairman did not invest enough and the team could not push on.

The first 18 months under Martinez was where my optimism peaked, but then it all fell away badly very quickly. I always thought we would be competitive with Lukaku and at least we were watchable. Once he left, things went badly wrong. The Moshiri era started with optimism but it was totally misplaced and we should have been much more cautious in our approach. Everything that could possibly go wrong has gone wrong because the decision making processes have been fundamentally flawed and the people in decision making roles are inept and lacking a winning mentality.

We probably won't be competitive again in my lifetime. It's more likely we will continue to be rubbish than improve and become a top team. But I'd rather that we make changes and work harder than ever off to get better, than plodding along settling for mediocrity with the fanbase divided and totally disillusioned. It is better to roll the dice and fail than settle for below average and exist only to survive.

All I want right now is to enjoy watching my team play. I don't care about a trophy or top 4, top 6. I just want to look forward to the weekend and watching 90 minutes of football where my team looks interested. That's not a lot to ask. I have zero interest in putting myself through watching this garbage from a team and manager who do not represent me or the wider Everton community. This team are a total embarassment to the values of the club and the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.