The future

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way we would win anything meaningful would have been if the super league happened. But even then it’s a diluted trophy due to the big teams not being there.

Like 80% of the teams in the league, we are just making up the numbers. The club should have been sold 15+ years ago at the time Chelsea where first bought out and before city got their mega bucks. Shortsightedness and one man’s greed to not let go has set the club back a quarter of a century.

The new stadium is the only bright light on the horizon and that’s taken 25 years and numerous missed opportunities to get it built.
Our golden chance was the Kings Dock. We would be where City are now. One man who still has the best seat in the house is responsible for where the club is now as far as I’m concerned.

The only way we would win anything meaningful would have been if the super league happened. But even then it’s a diluted trophy due to the big teams not being there.

Like 80% of the teams in the league, we are just making up the numbers. The club should have been sold 15+ years ago at the time Chelsea where first bought out and before city got their mega bucks. Shortsightedness and one man’s greed to not let go has set the club back a quarter of a century.

The new stadium is the only bright light on the horizon and that’s taken 25 years and numerous missed opportunities to get it built.
Our golden chance was the Kings Dock. We would be where City are now. One man who still has the best seat in the house is responsible for where the club is now as far as I’m concerned.
Sold to who?

You are spot on.I remember being there against Newport with 13000 there then I remember being there and watching Trevor Steven one game and I knew something was happening they just clicked.The way it is now with money and poor attitudes I can’t see it.
I remember being at a game game might have been Coventry 14,000 at the game ,and Kendal brought on Trevor Steven on and Peter Reid on as subs [and we thought we were in trouble then ] look at the bench now.

Sold to who?
Selling a large chunk of his shares to Gregg would have landed us the Kings Dock. But Bill wouldn’t have been the majority shareholder, Gregg would have.. and Bill didn’t want that.

The people who own City where interested in us but Bill wasn’t interested in them.

I see us being an 8th to 12th place club for the foreseeable future sadly. We had our chance back in summer 2017, to attempt to gatecrash the top four but we blew it. This is the longest period in our history without a trophy, and i don't see it ending any time soon. This club is fubar tbh. We have a clueless owner and a kopite has been as manager.

This club is just nowhere near the levels we want to see it at, and ain't that depressing. We spent all this money, to end up being even more crap. We might scrape a top 10 finish if we're lucky, and our season will probably be over by the end of January as per usual. We're like Coventry City when they were in the top flight nowadays. Season after season of doing nothing of any relevance.

Last edited:

Why would we be where City are now? City paid peanuts for their Stadium & are State owned, pumping millions into the Club. How would Kings Dock have been such a game changer?

Why would we be where City are now? City paid peanuts for their Stadium & are State owned, pumping millions into the Club. How would Kings Dock have been such a game changer?

The Kings Dock would have been completed well before City got their stadium. It’s also would have been an iconic site right on the water front. We would have been ripe for takeover.
When it fell through we were back to square one.
City then got there stadium and the infrastructure was there for them.
We still had the history and support base which still gained interest. However we were not for sale at any point.

If we had a new stadium Bill would have sold up and made a tidy profit given the value of the club would massively increase. I fully expect him to sell his stake for an inflated profit once Bramley Moore is up and running.

Buy midget speedsters like salah, jota, Bernardo silva, foden, Sterling and mane and we would win games easily

Any form of pace would do.

Our central midfield purchases of the last 5 years, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Gomes, Delph and Allan add in Daviesnd we've assembled a side with such little mobility and pace, that we'd be outpaced by a Funeral XI.

Not hard, every side has pace, but it's taken Everton 5 years to realise that.

Status
Not open for further replies.