2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The injury point is not nonsense. Yes the board have failed with the recruitment and the squad they have left us with.

But we have seen teams, probably similar levels to us. Have good seasons with no or just one or two injuries. Wolves for 2 years, apparently the reason they struggled last season was because they sold one player and their main striker missed 3/4 of the season.

West Ham last year and this, Leicester the last couple of years. Got a few injuries this season and surprise, surprise they are struggling for consistency.

Even Liverpool last year. Apparently the worst injury crisis in the history of football. DCL already this season has missed more league games than, Salah, firmino and mane combined.

We always seem to have 3/4 long term injuries and then get loads of little ones with players missing 3 or 4 games. Yes maybe an attacking manager would make us play differently, but I think a world class manager would struggle with This squad.

But the board have totally screwed us over, by the fact we can’t cope losing 3/4 important players.

We signed players who don’t have heart mate. That’s the issue.

So the players who do have heart and a bit of hunger, like Doucoure and DCL, go down injured, we have to rely on Gomes, Davies, Keane, Coleman, Iwobi all who are not good enough.

I looked at Burnley yesterday and every player wanted every ball and we’re fuming when something went wrong.

We stand off, we show no fight and let every team dictate the pace every single week. Benitez hasn’t helped, but the lazy players have continued to fail for yet another manager.

What about when we are 15th staring down the barrel of a derby hammering in 7 days time?

Moshiri aint daft he'll know from his last panic of Alladyce coming in to "save us" was a complete waste of time.

If we are bottom 3 20 games in then yeah he could panic but that aint happening.

DCL/Doucoure/Richarlison/Mina back on the pitch together = we win games of football again.

That was a whole season...this is 4 months.
What are you talking about.

Each of Jagielka, Arteta, and Yakubu were out for nearly a year each in 2009 with cruciates and achilles tendon rupture. All of them overlapped. Fellaini was out for months with an ankle injury too.

Moyes got us to 7th because he wasn't absolutely useless like Benitez.

We agree to an extent then.

The club should absolutely be held to account because they are responsible for this situation. What I’m saying is changing the manager is not going to change the route cause and will likely just kick the can down the road. Every time we change manager it takes the pressure off Brands and everyone above him for a while. Every manager we’ve had since Moyes (and a few prior) has failed.
But what if we fundamentally have the wrong manager?

He's basically the Spanish Allardyce. That's all that was today, an Allardyce performance but with no focus on winning set pieces or offering any danger at any chance that may have come our way

I dont even know what he does at this point.

Nothing good.

45 seconds into the game Digne leathered Sterling to concede a free kick on the edge of our box. If that’s intensity then I don’t want it.

Focus, high energy id say.

Probably include marking and positioning there along with holding a line.

None of which we saw today

We average 39.83% Possession per game this season, only Burnley average less on 38.83%. Number of passes played in games at the Ethihad this season

Norwich 362 City 730
Arsenal 185 City 757
Southampton 319 City 555
Burnley 318 City 768
Palace 319 City 654
Everton 246 City 853

This has nothing to do with injuries and everything to do with how we set up and what our game plan is. That is 100% on the manager but once you keep inviting pressure onto you, you are bound to end up losing games, there will just be no other outcome. We average 337 passes per game, our opposition averages 542, so we play 200 less passes per game on average, that has nothing to do with injuries or squads or anything else and has everything to do with an outdated philosophy and an inability to adapt to the modern game.
It is the football management equivalent of 'rope a dope' but without the rope.

45 points has been my target all season.

People thought I was taking the piss. They obvioulsy cant see the wood for the trees. This is one of the worst Everton squads in living memory and now with an injury crisis that strikes every generation or so.

The manager isn't the issue AT ALL.

The owner and his disgrace of a DoF are to blame.

How we're still 11th after this catastrophe underlines how well Benitez did with a half way healthy first team.
How can you have a points target 14 points worse off than what we got last year?

It's a joke.

No win in our last 6 league games, first time since 2018 under Allardyce but its OK we have injuries.

1 win in 8 in the league I think, its expected though as we have world class players injured

And he's staying here till his contract runs out according to his fans. So that's 1 win in 100 odd games if we suffer anymore injuries. But it's fine as it's expected

I dont even know what he does at this point.

Nothing good.

Focus, high energy id say.

Probably include marking and positioning there along with holding a line.

None of which we saw today

He doesn't do anything Zat. There is absolutely nothing to take where you can say we had a plan today. Well sorry yes you can, the plan was not to get beat 5-0 that is all.

He's an embarrassment but no surprise with that as the people who hired him are an embarrassment too.

What are you talking about.

Each of Jagielka, Arteta, and Yakubu were out for nearly a year each in 2009 with cruciates and achilles tendon rupture. All of them overlapped. Fellaini was out for months with an ankle injury too.

Moyes got us to 7th because he wasn't absolutely useless like Benitez.
Moyes was in the job 7 years at that point and in command of the players and transfer policy.

How on earth are you comparing these two examples?

Status
Not open for further replies.