2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s been amazing from a purely tactical perspective, but ANY manager would struggle with all these injuries

We have zero depth

I do think results will improve once we have a full starting 11 out there

“Improve” to finish 12-8 like, but that’s about as good as we are and will continue to be until we’re allowed to actually spend money again
45 points has been my target all season.

People thought I was taking the piss. They obvioulsy cant see the wood for the trees. This is one of the worst Everton squads in living memory and now with an injury crisis that strikes every generation or so.

The manager isn't the issue AT ALL.

The owner and his disgrace of a DoF are to blame.

How we're still 11th after this catastrophe underlines how well Benitez did with a half way healthy first team.

The injury point is a nonsense as well.

As if we will get no further injuries after Christmas when players come back.

What happens when we get another injury? Do we just give up again and accept another shambolic run of 1 win in 9 or 10? Do we just accept losses anytime we arent at full strength?

Get a grip people. Stop making excuses for this club. Thats what they want us to do. They don't deserve any benefit of the doubt because they have shown themselves to be incompetent in all areas.
The injury point is not nonsense. Yes the board have failed with the recruitment and the squad they have left us with.

But we have seen teams, probably similar levels to us. Have good seasons with no or just one or two injuries. Wolves for 2 years, apparently the reason they struggled last season was because they sold one player and their main striker missed 3/4 of the season.

West Ham last year and this, Leicester the last couple of years. Got a few injuries this season and surprise, surprise they are struggling for consistency.

Even Liverpool last year. Apparently the worst injury crisis in the history of football. DCL already this season has missed more league games than, Salah, firmino and mane combined.

We always seem to have 3/4 long term injuries and then get loads of little ones with players missing 3 or 4 games. Yes maybe an attacking manager would make us play differently, but I think a world class manager would struggle with This squad.

But the board have totally screwed us over, by the fact we can’t cope losing 3/4 important players.

Defeat to Brentford we are bottom 6

Then this little run. How many expected losses for the meek camp.

9BB85468-C407-4C3F-BBE4-6104E239BE2A.jpeg

Dom hasn't even been out for 3 months yet.

Last time I remember one this back was 2009-2010 when I think we had Yakubu, Arteta, and Jagielka all out with serious injuries. Think we won some footy matches back then.
That was a whole season...this is 4 months.

Long term in a 4 month period = a month or so's worth of games. DCL alone has been a colossal absence.

Richarlison
DCL
Doucoure
Digne
Coleman
Davies
Gomes
Pickford
Mina

...all injured this season...in 4 months!!!

...and Godfrey with long Covid and now Gray out injured...

...you are defo taking the piss if you cant see a calamitous season of injuries there.
This is ridiculous dave.

If you were to look at 4 months of any season of ours I would expect you would find this many injuries.

One win in nine, shocking tactics and substitutions, chequered history. Now oles gone he'll be the next media managerial story.
Think it's only a matter of time myself.

Would much rather fire some players and go at it with youth and, perceived, less talented warriors then repeat this cycle of being failed by contemptuous losers. Hoped benetiz would of at least spoke out never mind acted against the toxic elements but here we are again.

The injury point is not nonsense. Yes the board have failed with the recruitment and the squad they have left us with.

But we have seen teams, probably similar levels to us. Have good seasons with no or just one or two injuries. Wolves for 2 years, apparently the reason they struggled last season was because they sold one player and their main striker missed 3/4 of the season.

West Ham last year and this, Leicester the last couple of years. Got a few injuries this season and surprise, surprise they are struggling for consistency.

Even Liverpool last year. Apparently the worst injury crisis in the history of football. DCL already this season has missed more league games than, Salah, firmino and mane combined.

We always seem to have 3/4 long term injuries and then get loads of little ones with players missing 3 or 4 games. Yes maybe an attacking manager would make us play differently, but I think a world class manager would struggle with This squad.

But the board have totally screwed us over, by the fact we can’t cope losing 3/4 important players.

100%

Wolves barely got an injury the two seasons they finished 7th - they lose Jimenez and Jota last season and fall to pieces.

West Ham have had their RB injured a few games and now Ogbonna - Antonio, Rice, Soucek, Behrama, Bowen, Cresswell etc all fit most weeks.

But you can . How many times have we seen some truly dreadful teams go above and beyond their capabilities by just applying a bit of fight ?
Look at Derby . Woeful team who beat the top side by grafting and fighting . They went for every lose ball with teeth clenched .
Today was a loss we all knew was coming but watching Allan and Iwobi just prancing about shrugging their shoulders doesn't indicate that they have been suitably " man managed " .
The pressing was laughable .
They're not good enough when fit. When the best of them are out injufred guess what happens? 1 win in 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.