2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no cohesion there as proven by the last several games of hit and hope

That’s because we’ve only played one or two of them up there, Townsend or Gray have been further back in recent games.

Obviously it’s a difficult game, but Palace showed how to play them and we’d be mugs not to at least try a bit of that disrespectful aggression type football (especially if the alternative is meek 4-5-1ing of the kind that saw us get smashed there last season).

This Everton mate, beat or get a draw at City then get bummed by Brentford
Thats not that far from reality. The City game will suit our play, low block, don't screw up and go for the counter. Brentford on the other hand will surrender possession and we won't have a clue what to do with it. Depending on who scores forst, City could be a 1-1 or a 3+ to nil loss. Brentford is a 0-0 at best.

Reactions: JLW
Thats not that far from reality. The City game will suit our play, low block, don't screw up and go for the counter. Brentford on the other hand will surrender possession and we won't have a clue what to do with it. Depending on who scores forst, City could be a 1-1 or a 3+ to nil loss. Brentford is a 0-0 at best.

This is such an odd conclusion to draw.

That’s because we’ve only played one or two of them up there, Townsend or Gray have been further back in recent games.

Obviously it’s a difficult game, but Palace showed how to play them and we’d be mugs not to at least try a bit of that disrespectful aggression type football (especially if the alternative is meek 4-5-1ing of the kind that saw us get smashed there last season).
That’s exact how paelladyce will set up and they’ll simply cut through us, I doubt we’ll have a single shot on target from open play

Rondon has turned down Venezuela international duty to stay here and get fit....we’ll be fine ;)
giphy.gif

Well, let's get it right here.

People on here, like you, were calling the manager clueless, not fit for the job and worse than Allardyce for not bringing another midfielder - Gbamin or Holgate - on prior to conceding 3 goals in 12 minutes against Watford.

By not bringing those on, the manager was hapless, a waste of space - his fault we collapsed against Watford.

Now you've noted Gbamin's 'display' against Wolves, and Holgate's heroics in midfield against Spurs.... I hope people, like you, reflect on your criticism. There's too many, too desperate to stick the knife in.

Sure, everyone has their own opinion and there's no certainties. Perhaps some would do well to remember that in future. Perhaps some would do well to acknowledge he has very little option from the bench.
Seriously? People like me, I’m not allowed an opinion? Have you never looked at a player and thought he could do a job in a position that he wasn’t actually bought for. I can remember ian snoden being bought as a centre midfielder and ended up playing right back and played there very well too.
For what it’s worth (and I know it’s not a lot to you) you don’t throw a player who hasn’t played for two years straight into the team, surely you bring him gradually.

Seriously? People like me, I’m not allowed an opinion? Have you never looked at a player and thought he could do a job in a position that he wasn’t actually bought for. I can remember ian snoden being bought as a centre midfielder and ended up playing right back and played there very well too.
For what it’s worth (and I know it’s not a lot to you) you don’t throw a player who hasn’t played for two years straight into the team, surely you bring him gradually.
There's also that gbamin played in a 2. Maybe in a 3 he would have been a bit more protected and not looked as poor (as the set up may suit him better). Tactical adjustments can make players look much better or worse, eg doucoure looking better this season than last.

Same with Holgate, who has previously shown he can do a job in cm if needed. He played abysmally yesterday, but that doesn't mean he would have been abysmal vs Watford as players can have bad days and good days eg delph. And look better depending on who is alongside them etc.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, the argument that we needed 3 in the midfield remains. And it remains that he was an option, as was gbamin.

Well, let's get it right here.

People on here, like you, were calling the manager clueless, not fit for the job and worse than Allardyce for not bringing another midfielder - Gbamin or Holgate - on prior to conceding 3 goals in 12 minutes against Watford.

By not bringing those on, the manager was hapless, a waste of space - his fault we collapsed against Watford.

Now you've noted Gbamin's 'display' against Wolves, and Holgate's heroics in midfield against Spurs.... I hope people, like you, reflect on your criticism. There's too many, too desperate to stick the knife in.

Sure, everyone has their own opinion and there's no certainties. Perhaps some would do well to remember that in future. Perhaps some would do well to acknowledge he has very little option from the bench.
It's funny really, they have had bad games in completely separate games that had nothing to do with the Watford game and you are using that as an argument that they would have been crap against Watford.

The 3 players everyone is claiming are our best players and will change our fortunes entirely are 3 players that several posters in here have raged against for bad games and being crap etc, dcl especially. I'm glad we didn't just write them off after they had bad games.

Status
Not open for further replies.