2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how everyone thinks arsenal is going to be a win because they are "average". They are currently 3rd in the form table with 3 wins and 2 draws from their last 5.

City and Chelsea will be expected losses. Palace are unbeaten in 5 currently so will be a tough game. Brentford will be scrappy and could go either way. Leicester are in much better form than us, but yeah, is winnable.

And the Derby, who knows. Its not on the fans to gee up the players though, the manager should be doing that. But if the atmosphere is decent, we could get something. They aren't in great form so need to get at them from the whistle.

For me, I think we will beat brentford, draw with Palace, beat Leicester and lose the rest. Which is 7 points, but like I say, could see us snatching something from the Derby but 7 is my expectation. And if thats the case, and we actually have tried to go out and get something from the games instead of rolling over and looking as abject as we have in previous games then fair enough.

I like how everyone thinks arsenal is going to be a win because they are "average". They are currently 3rd in the form table with 3 wins and 2 draws from their last 5.

City and Chelsea will be expected losses. Palace are unbeaten in 5 currently so will be a tough game. Brentford will be scrappy and could go either way. Leicester are in much better form than us, but yeah, is winnable.

And the Derby, who knows. Its not on the fans to gee up the players though, the manager should be doing that. But if the atmosphere is decent, we could get something. They aren't in great form so need to get at them from the whistle.

For me, I think we will beat brentford, draw with Palace, beat Leicester and lose the rest. Which is 7 points, but like I say, could see us snatching something from the Derby but 7 is my expectation. And if thats the case, and we actually have tried to go out and get something from the games instead of rolling over and looking as abject as we have in previous games then fair enough.
Yes I deliberately said that it would be down to the fans - we all know Benitez will offer nothing, like he does every game really - but its the one game where the support at home could make the difference. A draw not totally out of the question.

You've gone from Howe to Wilder and now Smith, we patiently await the next suggestion from tipster of the year.
Better to be a has been than a never been, we’ve seen the likes of smith and wilder many times over the years. Do a decent job somewhere, get touted as the next big thing. And 5yrs later there’re managing in Div 2.

Maybe that’s why dyche stays at Burnley, nice contract to just keep them in the division

Better to be a has been than a never been, we’ve seen the likes of smith and wilder many times over the years. Do a decent job somewhere, get touted as the next big thing. And 5yrs later there’re managing in Div 2.

Maybe that’s why dyche stays at Burnley, nice contract to just keep them in the division

I think Dyche seems the type open to move but at the end of a season. He'd want to have a full preseason with a new team.

As for us, were 2 games off being 1/3 of the season in. I think thats a fair barometer to (mercilessly) judge the manager.

Dyche would be dreadful, surely we’ve got to aim higher than that.
Dyche is the perfect fit for Burnley. A good manager but probably not what Everton fans want. Although I don’t really know who we want as we’ve been everywhere on the spectrum from Big Sam to Ancelotti since Moyes left and none have worked out.

The club needs a period of stability and a sensible recruitment plan to turn things around. I’m not sold on Benitez at all but if we keep hiring and firing we’re never getting out of this mess. For me he gets an opportunity unless we are really slipping into dangerous territory. So basically if he’s not turned things around by Christmas and we’re close to or in the relegation zone then I would consider his position untenable.

Liverpoo have only beaten us once in the last 5 league Derbies

I'm struggling to see where we'll get 4 points from before Christmas.
Brentford might be 3 if they have a bad day (big on set pieces/big tall team)? a draw at Palace perhaps if they forget how to counter attack (Zaha vs Coleman) ?

Manchester City (A)

Brentford (A)

Liverpool (H)

Arsenal(H)

Crystal Palace (A)

Chelsea (A)

Leicester City (H)
If we have a fully fit first 11 for those games then we are capable of winning any of them - zonal marking aside. A few draws a loss or two and a couple of wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.