Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, if you look at some of the comments on here a draw would appear to be satisfactory.
How low do we have to sink before we start expecting to win again?
Well said BH.
This has a win for The Blues written all over it versus one of the Scab Six. (Just because the mainstream media have chosen to forget the ill-fated ESL doesn't mean I have to).
The media will of course report how poor Spurs were and how many great chances they missed.
God forbid they should report an excellent performance by Everton.
COYB!!!!

I don't know, he could try coaching and motivating them better.

Supposed to be his job isn't it?
well i suppose the fan base is divided in pro Benitez or anti Benitez.
yes sure he could do things better or should have done better, but if you have no money to spend, cant get rid of the deadwood and as a result are stuck with a right back who is nearly finished at this level, no cover at left back, a lack of no nonsense center backs and a midfield that crumbles if a certain Doucoure is out and no proper playmaker then the problems are deeper than Benitez.

well i suppose the fan base is divided in pro Benitez or anti Benitez.
yes sure he could do things better or should have done better, but if you have no money to spend, cant get rid of the deadwood and as a result are stuck with a right back who is nearly finished at this level, no cover at left back, a lack of no nonsense center backs and a midfield that crumbles if a certain Doucoure is out and no proper playmaker then the problems are deeper than Benitez.
Agree the injuries are crippling and agree the squad isn't good enough none of that is RB's fault. What is his responsibility is the formation and setting up with two men in midfield each week and the dreadful zonal system on set pieces. Even with some of our best players out he could make us harder to beat! Carlo was able to adapt last year at times and make us soid when we didn't have players, admittedly his home record was atrocious and he didn't know how to break down other teams. But RB isn't showing as much flexibility currently.

Sitting in the lower half of the table now on a downward spiral. If that doesn't motivate the team then it's a sad day all around.

Sitting in the lower half of the table now on a downward spiral. If that doesn't motivate the team then it's a sad day all around.
Nothing motivates them. Biggest group of cowards I've ever seen in 30 years. Any excuse will do to get turned over tomorrow. Conte, new manager bounce - perfect.

It'd be hard to assemble more spineless group of players if we tried.

A downward spiral eh. That is a more eloquent way than the usual descriptions of our impending doom. The edge of the abyss was another.Somone should collect the doomongers predictions and award a prize at the end of the design.

Hopefully Spurs will come to Goodison over confident expecting an easy victory.

Let out lads remind them we can score a hatful of goals on occasion too.

Big 6 team? Raise your game lads, desperate for a win tomorrow

COYB

Got one of those 1-1 going into the 70th minute and then Kane and Son pop up to put us away feels about it. Prove me wrong blues,!

Spurs played thursday night,usually you see a lethargic performance on from teams on early Sunday KO after that, so watch us make them look sharp as a tack with 70% + possession early on.

A downward spiral eh. That is a more eloquent way than the usual descriptions of our impending doom. The edge of the abyss was another.Somone should collect the doomongers predictions and award a prize at the end of the design.
How's about " caught on the edge of a vortex"
Sometimes there's nowt much you can do about matters going on about you. For instance Norwich winning, have they begun their resurgence?

Status
Not open for further replies.