Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not expecting anything from this Spurs match.

Tottenham will likely be in a buoyant mood, having just appointed arguably the best manager in world football. They also have much better players, to be frank. And we’re still missing our best centre-back (Yerry Mina), our best midfielder (Abdoulaye Doucoure) and our only centre-forward (DCL).

As Howard Kendall once said: anything is possible at Goodison when the crowd is right behind the team because they’re like a 12th man. So who knows? But I’m not optimistic.

Gray to the wolves, Everton behind him.

Gray
Richarlison Gordon Townsend
Delph Alan
Digne Godfrey Keane Coleman (Davies)
Pickford

Or
Richarlison Gray Townsend
Digne Delph Alan
Godfrey Keane Holgate Coleman (Davies)
Pickford

Townsend's been v.important for this team and its potential. We haven't had a player with his defensive traits for a while.
That's why Richarlison should play left, they give the defence lateral stability.
Gordon's as good as we've got for a 10 in that 23. Deserves to be given. If he can hold the the middle defensive not by CB exchange but where Spurs break centrally, it could work.

Davies at RB may be worth a go. All he has to do is back up Townsend and get play going if it opens up. He may keep well to that balance.

If they can keep to a defnsive strategy and get back to the quick movement of ball they started with then they can turn this.
Doucoure and Mina back in that side and dropping Gray back into 10 makes that a potentially cracking team.

But Benetiz needs to get some spine first.

Last edited:
Game day it is and trepidation in the forefront of my mind .
Still foolishly I hang on believing we can turn this around
3-2 Win , goals from I dont care !

The midfield, that used to be a strength is now, because of injuries, lack of talent and lack of speed, our Achilles.
If they don’t step it up, we will get beat. Simple as that.

Must win lol

As much as I despise our players the fans need to be behind them today. We likely won't win as no Doucoure no party the statistics show that.

You just have to hope they do enough for a decent draw and we go into the international break hoping Doucoure/Mina/DCL are back for City/Brentford.

Status
Not open for further replies.