Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must win lol

As much as I despise our players the fans need to be behind them today. We likely won't win as no Doucoure no party the statistics show that.

You just have to hope they do enough for a decent draw and we go into the international break hoping Doucoure/Mina/DCL are back for City/Brentford.
I think people are saying must win based on who our next game is then followed by Liverpool 2 games later.

I think people are saying must win based on who our next game is then followed by Liverpool 2 games later.

Even then its not really a must win mate unless you believe we can get europe this season.

Personally as soon as I realised we only had £1.7m to spend this summer the aim for me was a top half finish and hope to build on it next summer with hopefully more dough to spend and a few more wasters out the door.

Was always going to come a period of short term pain for long term gain - you cant waste £400 million like we have and not have a season of reckoning from the get go.

Even then its not really a must win mate unless you believe we can get europe this season.

Personally as soon as I realised we only had £1.7m to spend this summer the aim for me was a top half finish and hope to build on it next summer with hopefully more dough to spend and a few more wasters out the door.

Was always going to come a period of short term pain for long term gain - you cant waste £400 million like we have and not have a season of reckoning from the get go.

I personally think it's must win, or at the very least must not lose because of the risk of a spiral mate. In all honesty, we will lose at City. That would then be 5 straight defeats and in honesty not an awfully long way above the drop zone. I must admit, I am slightly concerned that the points total to stay up this season may be higher than the 30 seemingly required. I do think Newcastle will improve and you are relying on 1 of the teams above them to collapse (which Watford could, don't get me wrong, but it's a risk).

Being objective, when we get Doucoure, DCL and Mina back that will help us enormously. We just have to avert any spiral before that.

I do think as well, people are going massively over the top with Spurs. For the best part of 3 seasons now, they have been pretty average. Conte hasn't had an enormous amount of time with them, and they were woeful against United. We need to be aggressive from minute 1 IMO. I get people don't like a lot of the players (and some won't like the manager) but I would start with Delph, Gbamin and Allan in a 3 and really try to block it up today.

I personally think it's must win, or at the very least must not lose because of the risk of a spiral mate. In all honesty, we will lose at City. That would then be 5 straight defeats and in honesty not an awfully long way above the drop zone. I must admit, I am slightly concerned that the points total to stay up this season may be higher than the 30 seemingly required. I do think Newcastle will improve and you are relying on 1 of the teams above them to collapse (which Watford could, don't get me wrong, but it's a risk).

Being objective, when we get Doucoure, DCL and Mina back that will help us enormously. We just have to avert any spiral before that.

I do think as well, people are going massively over the top with Spurs. For the best part of 3 seasons now, they have been pretty average. Conte hasn't had an enormous amount of time with them, and they were woeful against United. We need to be aggressive from minute 1 IMO. I get people don't like a lot of the players (and some won't like the manager) but I would start with Delph, Gbamin and Allan in a 3 and really try to block it up today.

Agree mate - one thing I'll say is football isn't won on paper we all thought Utd would smash us and we came out the game unlucky not to win.

Spurs aint all that - a bear pit atmosphere today and a meaty challenge early doors by one of ours and we'll give them a game.

Can't see us winning as our entire spine of the team is missing but I think a draw is certainly achievable.

COYB

I normally have worked up an unwarranted feeling of hope and optimism by match day, but I have a bad, bad feeling about this! Hopefully, I'm wrong as I had the same feeling for the United match (there's that optimism creeping through again!) COYB's!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.