2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get people don’t like Benitez personally because of his history - but any manager needs time here now with this squad - no manager is coming in and turning these players into top4 or 6 competitors overnight and I think we might get a few more of those Watford type performances this season.

The short term/instant gratification nature of football is madness imo. Sure if you’re in a massive relegation scrap then you have to take serious look at changing things to survive but otherwise… I’d happily take a season of mid table safety and a decent fa cup run this year if it meant we can strengthen in the summer with better players and a playing philosophy already in place. This Everton squad is a long term project for whoever is at the helm.
The club desperately needs a period of stability now and to have a manager in place with a plan to progress the team over the next couple of seasons. I certainly wouldn’t be in favour of sacking the manager currently but if we lose the next two on the bounce then I think Benitez will be under a lot of pressure. He’ll need to prove that the Watford result was just a one off.

Basically this. We need mobility and speed up front for Benitez's plans to work. There's got to be a squad player who can hustle - Gordon, Dobbin whoever - just by adding that energy we won't be playing like we have 10 men on the field. If we're lumping balls into the area non-stop, then bring him on, but otherwise keep Rondon off the pitch.

Persistence with a non-working element of the team is just shooting yourself and the club in the foot.
I assume the injuries have forced Benitez’ hand somewhat but Rondon’s role should definitely be coming off the bench in the last few minutes of a game if we’re chasing a goal and need someone to lump a few balls at. He’s not capable of contributing over 90 mins.

I assume the injuries have forced Benitez’ hand somewhat but Rondon’s role should definitely be coming off the bench in the last few minutes of a game if we’re chasing a goal and need someone to lump a few balls at. He’s not capable of contributing over 90 mins.
I agree with this. I just can't believe that there's not a kid that can't run around and make a nuisance of themselves to the opposition.

Interesting when was this?

Interesting that people expect a midtable outfit like Everton to be able to attract a manager who's been winning league titles and champions leagues within the last 3 or so years.

The reality is those managers are at CL clubs. The closest we came was Ancelotti who jibbed us off after 18 months.

Interesting that people expect a midtable outfit like Everton to be able to attract a manager who's been winning league titles and champions leagues within the last 3 or so years.

The reality is those managers are at CL clubs. The closest we came was Ancelotti who jibbed us off after 18 months.
Nope, we’ve never won anything with a manager who managed to win league titles or CL before managing us.
We shouldn’t be having ‘has beens’ managing or on the pitch.

Nope, we’ve never won anything with a manager who managed to win league titles or CL before managing us.
We shouldn’t be having ‘has beens’ managing or on the pitch.

David Moyes was a has been I've read it on here everytime he's been linked with a return.

Now he's SAF lite with West Ham doing well...

Status
Not open for further replies.