2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I checked Ancelotti had spent £70 million in the summer and had been in the job for over 18 months in which we were going backwards towards the end of his tenure to the point of being only able to try win games by 1-0 smash and grabs via set plays.

Benitez has been here 9 games, has spent £1.7 million and the performances largely have been better than last season when our first 11 is largely all fit and on the pitch.

You're embarassing yourself with the agenda against the manager.

Just pipe down and wait until the end of the season before acting as if the world is ending when we're 1 win off joint 5th.
Who did he spend £70m on in the summer? Doucoure and Godfrey were brands, James was free. Spent £20m on allan.

He is supposed to be the man with the plan. Scouting, identifying targets, signing players to fit a system implemented from top to bottom so players from yourh level upwards play the same way, developing as they grow into first team players ultimately removing the constant need for squad overhauls.

Allegedly
Aye, it is very odd. I cannot imagine that he has the option to delegate such important tasks as recruitment and a long-term view/system so feel that this must be coming from above. If it is not that then maybe he is weak/incompetent and when a manager says I want x, y, Rondon, etc he gets agreement. He should be the big boss on this, set the style of play most suited to success now and going forward, and find the players to deliver that style. Then a manager to oversee the implementation of it. If not then he is just another glorified, highly paid scout.

In the last 15 years he finished 2nd with Liverpool. Won the SuperCoppa Italiana and Club World Cup with Inter. Won the Europa League with Chelsea. Won the Coppa Italia and SuperCoppa Italiana with Napoli. Won the Championship with Newcastle and solidified them as a mid-table Premier league side. Kept Dalian in the Chinese Super League for 2 seasons in a row.
He kept them in the csl via relegation playoffs. Winning the championship is hardly a top tier achievement when he spent £60m on transfers that summer. Marco Silva might even manage it. He then solidified them by scraping past 40 points each year.

The rest is years ago and he hasn't changed his style at all.

Oh dont worry I won't be posting as frequent as usual I cant be arsed dealing with the same suspects as you cant argue with stupid but Im not sitting back feasting on the manure the Benitez oot brigade are spouting 24/7 on here without giving some balance to the debate - there has to be a voice for the silent majority in the fanbase.
Hasn't been much of that in the last week

No, I don't think I will pipe down at your command.
I'm not the one with the agenda. You're the one lying in almost every post and making up fictional people in an attempt to justify bogus complaints about the fanbase whenever someone criticises the manager.
Fans this, bhoo boys that, just constant lies. When pressed you can, at best, only ever quote one person as a reason to misrepresent the fans.
So who's got the agenda?

You.

If you cant see Benitez is the least of our problems at present then you have an agenda its that simple.

I cant remember you being anti Benitez from the get go but like ToffeeTim 1 defeat and you've started frothing at the mouth.

Its embarassing - he's had no funds to bring in his own players and has been here 9 games, has a squad player facing possible criminal charges and a good few injuries to our best/key players.

"But Michael Keane cant play zonal"

Michael Keane cant find two even pair of socks he's an utter coward and soon as we bring in a proper partner for Mina the better.

In all honesty he got all Billy big nuts about the Manure position but, and it's just my take on it, Ferguson (Alex) and Utd didn't adequately plan a succession policy, so a very, or what seemed on the outside looking in, quick decision to go by Sir Alex left them in a bit of a strange position, of course Moyes didn't help by clearing out an established backroom.

Sociedad I can't comment on other than his poor attempt at Spanish!

Sunderland were and still are a mess.

His achievements at Everton, taking off the bitterness over his behaviour on leaving, were stable, settled, rather pragmatic but nonetheless relatively good but in the end not quite up to it in as far as bringing silverware.

You can't deny his time here was OK overall and his 2nd spell at the hammers is at the moment better than that.

Again, I'm not saying get him back or that he would even consider it.
His time here was very much acceptable results wise. But when he left he faced the same pressures other managers faced - with no Kenwright thee to allow him to almost relegate us and leave him in charge.

Overall he's an average PL manager.

So Spurs see a joke in Nuno, admit they got it wrong and bin him at the earliest, replacing him with Conte.

As if our board would be as likely to demonstrate seriousness.

We are told a Benitez/Rondon double act is all we can ask for.

Changes are only made at this club when things get so bad that they have no other option. They waited for Silva to be in the bottom 3. They waited for Koeman to be in the bottom 3. They gave Martinez 37 games of his 3rd season before making a change.

I'm not saying Nuno deserves the sack after 10 games, because I don't think he does just yet. But they are proactive and we are the complete opposite. Everyone with any sense of reality knows how this turns out, but you can be sure that the club will wait to the very last minute to act after we have been humiliated in some new way.

Status
Not open for further replies.