Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd best get Fat Sam back before the barcodes sign him up

I did say - and I will add;
Benitez, aided and abetted over the last 5years, by Moshiri's poor hiring decisions and their subsequent poor decisions, along with interference in player acquisitions is not 100% to blame, but must shoulder a good bit of blame.

He is however 100% responsible for setting it right - good luck, matey, you'll need it.

King ffs. That's the player I argued for last season, is there something in the water at FF?
Or did Brands sign him and Ancelotti not fancy him?
He didn't get much time but when he was with us he was last season's Rondon, now he has a Hat Trick.

Gbamin? what's the point?
Iwobi? just gtf mate, you're done.
Godfrey? Deep into 2nd season syndrome and probably struggling with Covid after effects.
We announce a new fitness guru and Mina gets a hammy
I know it's Scotland but Baningme is ripping up trees there.

Did I mention laughing stock?
Don't forget 'our Denise' has just recently announced that due to the champagne football we are so privileged to be watching at Goodison, it's about time our season tickets went up in price.

That really is a kick in the goolies to be told, "hey, you need to pay more to watch these turds"

Bang in the middle of a massive economic downturn. Society is falling apart, people can't afford food or heating, the Tory government is happily retreating to a Dickensian nightmare for the working classes, but Iwobie & Rondon need a new Rolls Royce each so dig in deep you scumbags....

Was listening to the radio last night and one kopite-esque moronic so-called blue was saying that R.A.F.A. should be SACKED!! We are one point behind 5th place after spending just £2million in the summer and he should be sacked?! God spare us!!

Yes it’s concerning to lose at home when you’ve got the 12th man of the fans. They say that teams that can’t win their home matches are condemned to mediocrity. However, we have been plagued by injuries in a way that no other club has. We’ve been without our main frontman (DCL) for months and even Richarlison was only able to play part of yesterday’s match after months out injured. We miss Doucoure acutely, too. Take Keita, Salah and Firmino out of the RS team and see how well they do.

Ronald Koeman once said we are too weak to battle against team like Watford.
And six years later we are back to the beginning.
How can we play fast and direct football against team that faster and stronger?
We need technical ability and ball retention to deal with them like matador in a bullfight.
But some people love to watch players running up and down all day longlol

Yesterday was what I was expecting from the start of the season. The manager made a silk purse out of a sows ear for the first few games. But the way this club is run was illustrated perfectly today. In addition Rafael messed up. Looked like there were some rank amateurs out there yesterday.

I've got to the stage where I just don't care anymore. How many times have we heard Seamus and (insert manager here) saying after a bad result, 'that performance was unacceptable at this club....blah blah blah blah.'

Well, these performances are obviously acceptable at the club as nothing ever changes after we have them. Unless something changes drastically, we will continue to have lots of these cr@p results, and WILL get relegated sooner rather than later.
Nah, you do care mate, that's why you are peed off, we all care, results like that and the current split on the fan base hurts man, we've really lost our identity.

Where do we go from here, gutless players who can’t defend a lead. Utter panic at the back yesterday when the chips were down. A tough run of games coming up too. It’s hard to blame the manager as he’s limited to the quality he has. £500m spent and we have two keepers on the bench and a statue up front. We are a laughing stock.

I’m not blaming the ref, that’s why I began with ‘as an aside’. A separate point.

I don’t want protection, I’d just like fairness and consistency.
To be fair he was abysmal Groucho,hate to see Everton players diving, yeah book them, but no bookings for the serial divers in other teams and I take it you know who I'm talking about!!

Not an especially helpful comment when unity is needed, in my opinion.
this for me is why the appointment of benitez is never going to work, Everton is best when the fans are united and turn Goodison into a bear pit for opposition players and fans. The fans are heavily split at the minute, some will never give him a chance, some will give him time and some have gone so far in support of him they cant be seen to criticise at all. Everton need unity as you said, is benitez the right manager to bring unity?

this for me is why the appointment of benitez is never going to work, Everton is best when the fans are united and turn Goodison into a bear pit for opposition players and fans. The fans are heavily split at the minute, some will never give him a chance, some will give him time and some have gone so far in support of him they cant be seen to criticise at all. Everton need unity as you said, is benitez the right manager to bring unity?
Don’t think Benitez was first choice by the club. But I can’t think of any manager that was available or would come, that would be doing better with the squad and injuries we have. Not letting yesterday performance off, as that’s as worst performance I’ve seen in my 12 years as a season ticket holder. But that falls on the players as much as the manager, playes yesterday forgot the basics and that’s a worry. We have had 5-6 managers in the past 6 years or so, and players who are here now and have gone went missing and hid when it got tough. I will always support this club and will always go the game, but I’ve said so many times we are never going to get it right from top to bottom. Nearly 500 million spent and we are worse than when we had no money. Only everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.