2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isnt Rondons fault. It lies on Raphael Benitez. Firstly bringing him in. 2 years out of the premier. Secondly not taking him off when it's clear to all he cant do anything
I've been defending benitez so far, but on this, he's to blame. Anyone who has even a fleeting interest in football could tell you that Rondon's best days are gone and it's time he was put out to pasture. He reminded me of me playing 5 a side a few years back (I'm 46) when my brain was writing the cheques but my body couldn't cash them. Play one of the academy if dcl is injured.

Where is Niasse
He's in here somewhere:

1634501420461.png

The amount of people citing his form two years ago with Newcastle when we signed him, that had no relevance because he was in China for a reason playing against no marks

I feel a bit for him. I think he makes a nuisance of himself and is good at getting on the end of crosses. Can see how he would be useful in 20 minute bursts. On the flip side, you can see there's not much in the tank left after about 60 minutes in.

I'd have pulled him today at around that point. I can see why Benitez probably wanted him on for aerial prowess, but honestly bring Mina on if needed and change the system. The way we were playing wasn't working.

I think he might be ok, as a bench option.

The boo bhoys have found their replacement for Siggurdsson.

Lad was never signed to play games week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.