2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every footballer should be signed with the idea that they are going to play games of football.

A Rondon on at 75 minutes against tiring defences isn't the same as a Rondon on from the first minute against defences not tired.

He was a cheap ass signing to offer something to chuck off the bench as a 3rd choice CF.

The fact we were financially unable to bring in a CF able to offer more should be what fans are more angry about.

A Rondon on at 75 minutes against tiring defences isn't the same as a Rondon on from the first minute against defences not tired.

He was a cheap ass signing to offer something to chuck off the bench as a 3rd choice CF.

The fact we were financially unable to bring in a CF able to offer more should be what fans are more angry about.

He wouldn`t even make a difference coming on as sub in the Priests five a side on Father Ted.

The boo bhoys have found their replacement for Siggurdsson.

Lad was never signed to play games week in week out.
Lad was signed as cover up front, we have injuries up front, lad is covering and is absolutely dire, can’t run can’t jump. If he was brought in as cover and can’t do it then what is his function. Benitez got this one wrong, now he needs to stop being so stubborn, admit his mistake and get Rondon off the pitch.

Don’t keep going on about Dobbin’s lack of experience, an under 16 would probably be as useful as Rondon. It’s ok to admit Benitez makes mistakes you know, he’s not doing a bad job, so far, but, he’s far from perfect.

Lad was signed as cover up front, we have injuries up front, lad is covering and is absolutely dire, can’t run can’t jump. If he was brought in as cover and can’t do it then what is his function. Benitez got this one wrong, now he needs to stop being so stubborn, admit his mistake and get Rondon off the pitch.

Don’t keep going on about Dobbin’s lack of experience, an under 16 would probably be as useful as Rondon. It’s ok to admit Benitez makes mistakes you know, he’s not doing a bad job, so far, but, he’s far from perfect.
This

And fire Iwobly from a cannon.

Nah Richarlison is DCL's cover Richy played up top against Burnley.

Its sheer bad luck as usual that we have our two first choice CF's out for a significant period at the same time.

Nah Richarlison is DCL's cover Richy played up top against Burnley.

Its sheer bad luck as usual that we have our two first choice CF's out for a significant period at the same time.
Don’t even go down the Richarlison is DCL’s cover road. Rondon was signed as back up striker, the two options ahead of him are injured, this is the situation he was signed to deal with. He hasn’t , he is so far out of his depth that I almost feel sorry for him now. Time for your messiah to either take a chance on Dobbin or play without a conventional striker. I’m sure a master tactician like Benitez is capable with coming up with a plan which doesn’t require us to be slinging crosses into the box all afternoon.

Don’t even go down the Richarlison is DCL’s cover road. Rondon was signed as back up striker, the two options ahead of him are injured, this is the situation he was signed to deal with. He hasn’t , he is so far out of his depth that I almost feel sorry for him now. Time for your messiah to either take a chance on Dobbin or play without a conventional striker. I’m sure a master tactician like Benitez is capable with coming up with a plan which doesn’t require us to be slinging crosses into the box all afternoon.

So if DCL misses a game you really think Rondon would be playing ahead of Richarlison??? lol

So if DCL misses a game you really think Rondon would be playing ahead of Richarlison??? lol
No, I didn’t say that, you didn’t read the post properly because you’re too busy trying to make excuses for Benitez. I said that as Richarlison and DCL are out injured then covering at centre forward is what Rondon is supposed to do. You don’t sign somebody as cover and think you won’t have to use them.

Bottom line, signing Rondon was a mistake, mistakes happen, playing him for 90 minutes week after week when all he is doing is embarrassing himself is stubbornness not a mistake. I am sure both you and Benitez know that he shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

He’s not fit for purpose,a mistake, we need to move on and find a way to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.