2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatever he used to have somewhere else appears not to be there anymore. Fella next to me said Niasse was infinitely better.His body language as he left the field at half time said it all. "I can't cope with this". Hopefully we have seen the last of him.

I feel a bit for him. I think he makes a nuisance of himself and is good at getting on the end of crosses. Can see how he would be useful in 20 minute bursts. On the flip side, you can see there's not much in the tank left after about 60 minutes in.

I'd have pulled him today at around that point. I can see why Benitez probably wanted him on for aerial prowess, but honestly bring Mina on if needed and change the system. The way we were playing wasn't working.

I think he might be ok, as a bench option.

Honestly, signing this lump and playing him over one of our young strikers is a really sad reflection of how poor we are run as a club. Someone like Dobbin could not have done worse in every game Rondon has played.

I feel a bit for him. I think he makes a nuisance of himself and is good at getting on the end of crosses. Can see how he would be useful in 20 minute bursts. On the flip side, you can see there's not much in the tank left after about 60 minutes in.

I'd have pulled him today at around that point. I can see why Benitez probably wanted him on for aerial prowess, but honestly bring Mina on if needed and change the system. The way we were playing wasn't working.

I think he might be ok, as a bench option.
Was he actually winning any aerial duels? Even when he got his head to something, it went nowhere near a teammate. I don't feel for him, but fair enough he doesn't pick himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.