2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
It strikes me that if Benitez had inherited Rondon rather that having spent all summer trying to sign him, he wouldn’t be getting anywhere near the team. Benitez is too stubborn to admit he made a mistake and either play dobbin or have no centre forward and stop slinging balls into the box.

I don’t subscribe to this’ oh he wasn’t supposed to have played so much, who could have foreseen DCL being injured’? He was signed as injury cover, not much point if we have injuries, we are in the middle of October and he is still not fit enough to be anything other than a passenger.

It strikes me that if Benitez had inherited Rondon rather that having spent all summer trying to sign him, he wouldn’t be getting anywhere near the team. Benitez is too stubborn to admit he made a mistake and either play dobbin or have no centre forward and stop slinging balls into the box.

I don’t subscribe to this’ oh he wasn’t supposed to have played so much, who could have foreseen DCL being injured’? He was signed as injury cover, not much point if we have injuries, we are in the middle of October and he is still not fit enough to be anything other than a passenger.
It makes me laugh when I have read in the past on here that he was signed as a like for like replacement for dcl I don't think anything has been further from the truth

It makes me laugh when I have read in the past on here that he was signed as a like for like replacement for dcl I don't think anything has been further from the truth
I've been saying for the last 2 years , we need a striker , a top striker ! One to properly challenge Dom . Surely Rafael and co would of realised Today that he is done , and he was a terrible signing . Positive note , I think Dom and Richy will be back for Watford

Not adding anything new to the comments already said but he really is dire. It's actually depressing watching him amble around doing [Poor language removed] all.

The ball that perfectly went into the box was one that DCL would have buried. Rondon? He's far too busy hanging around the penalty spot to do go for it

I've been saying for the last 2 years , we need a striker , a top striker ! One to properly challenge Dom . Surely Rafael and co would of realised Today that he is done , and he was a terrible signing . Positive note , I think Dom and Richy will be back for Watford
Benitez said before Richy will be back sooner than DCL so both might not be available for Watford unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.